cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated Sim card with the $40 promo 12GB but cannot make calls or texts

gaaroo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Everyone,

I just activated my sim card with the $40 promo with 12GB data, province wide calling, and unlimited global texts, but when I try to make a call or text out, I get a response saying that the plan doesn't include that and I can't get data either.  

I logged into my public mobile account, and it says there's $120 available funds, but no detail about the plans in the plan section.  Are the MODs able to help me take a look at what is going on?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

josephcommerce
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you for the reply,

I cannot even log into the Self serve.

When I try it, I get this message

"Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again. "

When I click on forget password and enter my email address I get this message.

"Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address."

Seem like I am not even on the system.

Any MOD help fix this for me please.

Please help

Thanks

PMZ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the suggestions, but it seems that the wrong plan was applied to my account (one that has no data option, so updating the APN settings unfortunately doesn't do anything).

I've already been charged for the $120 90-day plan with data, but now it is asking me to top up my account if I try to 'update' my plan from the incorrect one to the one that includes the 12gb data (since it thinks that it will need to take place on the next billing cycle).

Not sure what to do at this point, to avoid missing out on the promo!

jdodd1079
Are you on IPhone?

Check your APN settings in the settings menu. My husbands switched to say Koodo for some odd reason! He had to replace the Koodo with MB and everything worked 🙂

gaaroo

I found a fix for it in my case, I just followed the guide to allow existing customers get this new promotion plan and added the plan back into my account.  

It works like a charm now.

Here's the URL to that post.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/For-existing-customers-How-to-switch-to-th...

Good Luck in your cases.

josephcommerce

Hi..

I am getting the same problem.

THe SIM work but no plan in it.

and  I cannot even log into my self serve.

Is it down? Can one of the MOD helpe me on this?

my email address is josephcommerce@yahoo.ca

I want get the plan before is over, can someone help.

THanks

gaaroo

Yea, the activation process won't even charge you $120 unless you have all of the correct promo plans selected.  I've submitted a request for help, so hopefully I can get it fixed and have the plan applied properly.

PMZ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a similar problem - I just signed up for the $40 promo as well, and it charged me the $120. However when I put in my SIM, i realized that i had no data - I logged into my account, and saw that a different plan was applied... the same as the promo, but minus the data. So now I have a $20 credit in my account.

Sounds like what happened to you, but on yours nothing got selected and on mine, just the data portion didn't get selected.

I feel like the initial $120 charge is enough to show that the correct promo plan was selected the first time around, but somehow the wrong plan got applied. 

Can anyone help with this?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Your account shows $120 available hmm sounds like it has charged your card but not put it towards a plan, but I am not sure.  Also a MOD will have to take a look at this when there is one back online

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.