Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate

Carlene_521
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How to activate a new sim card with a old number

13 REPLIES 13

@dadarkwolf wrote:

how long does it take for the sim card to actually activate after registering new sim card 

It's immediate.

dadarkwolf

how long does it take for the sim card to actually activate after registering new sim card 

@wmike27 wrote:

Attempt to port number activate new sim failed but charge appeared on the credit card. contacted CSA and they stopped dialog without resolution never did get the sim activated and the new sim not used.

@wmike27  
Submit another ticket or message.  It could be customer service is backlogged right now because they're also dealing with customer enquiries regarding missing holiday gifts that aren't going as smoothly as expected. 

Either way you should keep submitting a ticket/message until your issue gets fixed.

If the port is stuck, I'll private message you via your community inbox top right, the Telus porting number. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wmike27 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

wmike27

Attempt to port number activate new sim failed but charge appeared on the credit card. contacted CSA and they stopped dialog without resolution never did get the sim activated and the new sim not used.

@Carlene_521 wrote:

never had a PM self serve account before so i can't get pass the text code that they send because i don't have the phone 

@Carlene_521 

In that case ,you need CS help:

Spoiler
Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

or send a private message to:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

@Carlene_521 

You're going to need to contact the CSA's to get this sorted.

Let them know you need to register a self-serve account to update a new SIM card due to having lost the previous one, and that you DO NOT have the device/SIM.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select contact Customer Support Agent, then select other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Carlene_521

never had a PM self serve account before so i can't get pass the text code that they send because i don't have the phone 

@Carlene_521 

Once you've acquired a new PM SIM card, simply login to Self-Service and utilize the Change SIM feature.

After you've entered the new SIM card number, place it in your new device, reboot the device and you should be good to go.

Carlene_521

my phone got lost with my plan on i am customer

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Carlene_521 wrote:

@Carlene_521 

Some additional details would be helpful.

1. are you an existing Public Mobile customer
  2. if you are, what prompted the need for a new SIM card
  3. if you aren't, is your existing (old) number still active with another mobile provider

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Carlene_521 wrote:

@Carlene_521   As long as your old number is not deactivated due to lack of payment for 90 days or more, then you can just log into your account and select Change SIM on the right hand side of the overview page. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Carlene_521 wrote:

Is the old number for a still Active account ?

edit...was old number a PM number ?

Need Help? Let's chat.