cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate with top-up voucher

drsiha
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PM104-1024x682.png

Why is the option removed? This is not friendly for newcomers, who don't have any bank card for the moment...

4 REPLIES 4

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Agreed. It is ridiculous. I think they want to assure that people are roped in with some kind of assurance. Like not having phone service isn't enough assurance.

You can buy those Visa gift cards as a workaround. Or Mastercard. Then use vouchers.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@drsiha for who do not have a credit card, a prepaid visa is the only option.

I guess it is a business decision.  With the current setup  any credit card used on the system will be enabled for Pre-Authorized payments by default.  This way, they can lock up new subscribers, and hence they removed vouchers for activation 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

You could start with a Vanilla MasterCard and use vouchers thereafter. And if on $15 plan it will suffice for the bonus data. I just used one card for 3 accounts to minimize potential loss of personal financial information. The service fee to buy one, sucks though. My wife was gifted one, so we used it. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@drsiha , with the new self serve portal roll out, this feature is no more unfortunately.  You can use vouchers to top up after activation though.  

Need Help? Let's chat.