cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate sim

justintonylewis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to activate my sim card but I'm getting error 821. I've tried all stuff it said to do and nothing works. 

2 REPLIES 2

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@justintonylewis   Are you clearing cache/cookies and using incognito/private mode when trying to activate your account?  BTW, are you activating a brand new self serve account or are trying to change the SIM card?

You may also want to wait another hour before retrying, but it's important to clear cookies and use incognito mode.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@justintonylewis 

DO NOT try to re-attempt activation.  PM might have charged you already from your previous attempt.

First check if PM charge your credit card yet.  

Also, put the PM SIM in a phone and check if it connects to PM network and if it can make outgoing calls

If PM has not charge you and the sim card is not connecting, then the activation didn't completed, which is good 

Error 821 usually comes up when you request porting and used IMEI as the information for the old provider

If PM didn't charge you yet, you can try to activate again using Incognito mode and request porting, but try to enter the account number of the old provider instead of IMEI.  

Need Help? Let's chat.