cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account

FT1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi my kid only has 1GB of data.  Will public mobile give her a message automatically of some kind when the data is almost used up?

6 REPLIES 6

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You will receive a notification.

You can also set up a warning using your phones settings but not sure how accurate it is

Go to SETTINGS click NETWORK & INTERNET click DATA USAGE make sure MOBILE DATA is ON and you should see a category DATA WARNING & LIMIT.  Click that to set up Useage cycle and warning.

At least that's how my Android phone works.  YMMV

Good thing about PM is that you won't be able to go over the limit and get charged, it will just stop working.  You can also buy data add-ons that don't expire until used up as a backup but they are expensive.  Sometimes Public Mobile gives out 1 or 2GB bonus data near the holidays but there is no guarantee they will continue to do that

@FT1   Yes

On the main page of My Account, it has a simplified version and will show your updated usage.  But please use Incognito mode to login My Account to avoid cached issue

There is also a Usage History page.  But the filter is not working 100%.  So, when using the page, it is best to download the usage in Excel format and filter using Excel

Yes. Those bars in the middle show you your usage and what's left. Then on the right you might have circles that are each add-on.

You need to click on the little spinner refresh icons lower down to update the usage. The site does terrible caching. Or use private mode.

FT1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can I see on my online account what data usage I have used so far during the month?  Is it live usage?

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@FT1  pm will send messages  when data is getting low..

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@FT1 hi yes they are supposed to but I wouldn't count on it, sometimes they are slow in sending them out 

Need Help? Let's chat.