cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account number without activation?

KatharinaRoo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m trying to switch over my number to Public  from a Koodo post-paid account. I paid, and got to the page to transfer and Koodo is not on the drop down list. I cannot get past that page. I have submitted a ticket and am talking to someone about porting my number but they are asking for an account number which I can’t access because when I login it just asks me to resume activating. Yet the person I’m talking to is saying they need it in order to access my account. Can anyone help me out? Is there any other way to access this? I’ve already been waiting 60 minutes between messages and all I want to do is a simple switch 😬

Thanks so much guys!

19 REPLIES 19

@KatharinaRoo  Good and welcome to public mobile 😉

KatharinaRoo

Yes, it has been ported and all seems to be working.

@KatharinaRoo   So, it is working with the new number now?  I got a confirmation that porting from Koodo (both postpaid and prepaid)  has some technical issue now with the portal.  So, get a new number first is the way to go

Once the new number is working, please  message support for porting help:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

KatharinaRoo

Now they have, yes. Seriously thank you for your help. It didn’t say anywhere that I had to select a new number even if I didn’t want to keep it lol. That would have been good info to have 😂

@KatharinaRoo   so, PM charged you yet? 

KatharinaRoo

Thank you so much for your help 🙂

@KatharinaRoo  No you don’t , leave  Koodo card in until you get the confirmation text to transfer number and reply YES you will have 90 mins to do so … then I’d just leave it in there untill you can’t make a call or text. Then pop the PM SIM card in and ports complete 

add this way you won’t miss a call or message 

KatharinaRoo

Dumb question, but I do have to switch to the PM SIM card in the meantime while I wait for them to do this? 

KatharinaRoo

Okay this is more info than I got anywhere else including from PM support. Thank you.

frostyfire22
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Your Koodo needs to be active to transfer your number to PM, if that is what you're asking.

@Handy1   yes, he can do it with postpaid, but there has been couple post this week about problem with porting from Koodo postpaid , so I just ask OP to reach out to PM support instead

@KatharinaRoo wrote:

I’m talking to PM Support. Even if I haven’t been charged, if I start over I will get hung up on that page again. I’m not sure how to get a PM account number otherwise?

@KatharinaRoo  did you open ticket with PM support? how you talking to PM support?

PM support are all online and access via messaging.   you are messaging with PM support, they would be able to locate your account number based on your cc or phone number

@softech  Op should be able to transfer themselves ,OP says it’s Koodo post paid not pre paid

KatharinaRoo

I’m talking to PM Support. Even if I haven’t been charged, if I start over I will get hung up on that page again. I’m not sure how to get a PM account number otherwise?

@KatharinaRoo   it sounds like you hvae NOT created an account with PM yet.  Please check your CC to confirm

if confirmed PM has not charged you yet, please complete your activation by picking a new number first.  

Once the new number is setup and functioning, able to make in/out calls, then open ticket with support for a porting help, message them:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@KatharinaRoo  You need to activate with public mobile before you would have an account with them 

KatharinaRoo

To clarify, it’s the Public account they’re asking for. They have all of my info from Koodo.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@KatharinaRoo  who are you talking to about getting the account number?  is that a Koodo support or PM support?

first did PM charged you yet?  Check your CC, maybe PM has not charged you yet and no account was created

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@KatharinaRoo  It’s best to have account number , but can be done with IMEI number also … can you not call Koodo and ask for you account number or log into it and see it .. Koodo needs to still e active to transfer the number 

Need Help? Let's chat.