cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account info

OliverNeubert
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to close my fathers account, he is 91 and doesn’t remember anything about Public Mobile. He hasn’t use the service ever but he is being invoiced for it. How can I find out his account number. How can I cancel it? Is there someone, a living person, I can talk to?   Thank you.   Oliver

7 REPLIES 7

OliverNeubert

Thank you. Great advice. I just send a PM.

OliverNeubert

I will do this first thing tomorrow morning. Thank you, very very helpful. Oliver

@Tsawwassen 

Main point is to get into her account and remove autopay. Then ask agent to remove her credit card from a file as customers cannot do that by themselves.

If you gain access to her account you can declare phone lost/stolen and service will be suspended immediately. After 90 days of no pay account will be closed.

Another way is to ask bank to reject charges from PM or to ask for chargeback for last (few) payments. PM will suspend her account immediately. and again 90 days rule will be applied.

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have the same situation with my 93 year old mother in law -  Have setup a plan for her approx 4 years ago with auto pay.  At the beginning we would text her and sent her photos to which she told us that it’s a stupid thing and to stop it . She has never used the phone for anything for the past 3 years -  I have no idea what Alia’s email or passwords I used to set up the account — so it just keeps on going.  Looking forward to an answer 

SGD

The key is to turn off the auto payment and make the account inactive for a while. It'll be deleted. Maybe you can try to use your father's email address retrieving the password and then turn off the auto pay.

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@OliverNeubert Ok. PM is pay as you go service. if u can not log in your account to cancel the autopay. U can try from your father creditcard company. stop payment for the monthly fee.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@OliverNeubert wrote:

I am trying to close my fathers account, he is 91 and doesn’t remember anything about Public Mobile. He hasn’t use the service ever but he is being invoiced for it. How can I find out his account number. How can I cancel it? Is there someone, a living person, I can talk to?   Thank you.   Oliver

If you know your father's email and password , you can login his account ,and turn off auto pay. After PM can't withdraw fund from your father's account, his account will be suspended, after 90 days, his account will be closed forever.

If you don't know his email and password, you open a ticket with PM customer service and ask to close his account, but again PM need his informations to verified , click here  to send private message to PM customer service.

Need Help? Let's chat.