cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account activation failed

MC513
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I tried to activate my sim and it failed on the payment page. I have tried private messaging a mod but has not gotten a response for 24 hours. I'm trying to port from freedom mobile and would like to get the 4GB promotion.

Please help.
8 REPLIES 8

hollyandadamus

PLEASE help.  I went through the activation process to activate my sim.  Paid online via visa debit (yes, the money is gone from my account) and now I can't login to "my account" online as it says my email address is not recognized, HOWEVER I have received a confirmation welcome email to that address.
Additionally, I have no data, no cell service and when I dial 611 from my phone it asks for a payment.
So now you have my money, but I have no service and no way to contact you to get this fixed.

funphone3

I have the same error as the originator. I have tried visa, mastercard on internet explorer, crome on 2 different computers and alwayse get the same problem.

I gave up un Friday but decided to try again today with same results.

wonderdollar

I second what jefster1970 has stated. I had the same problem when I was activating my SIM as the system did not accept the alternate number. I closed the browser, cleared the cache and restarted the activation process and it worked like a charm. In fact my Freedom number got ported in less than 2 hours. Even the bonus data has also been added to my account. I am really very happy that I switched from Freedom.

Wonderdollar

S4u2875
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Try Public mobile facebook page, You may get somene on live chat to help you out.

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MC513 wrote:
I tried to activate my sim and it failed on the payment page. I have tried private messaging a mod but has not gotten a response for 24 hours. I'm trying to port from freedom mobile and would like to get the 4GB promotion.

Please help.

I had issues with Mastercard but not Visa, do you have both?

Also, clear cache from computer browsers and use a different browser.

One other note, the first time it asks for a secondary phone number (THE FIRST TIME) you that blank. It will ask again for a secondary number, that is where you can put it in. Some glitch in the systems that was giving errors related to secondary numbers. 

neatooo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I would suggest including as much detail in your PM to the mods as possible.
Sim #
email
cell number
Name, etc

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@MC513, would you be able to try a different browser?  If the activation process failed at the payment step and if you did not actually make a payment, there is a good chance that you can take another crack at it.  I found that to be the case when I tried activiting last fall.  Unless you actually have an account set up with the process being stuck somewhere, there may not be anything there for the moderator team to troubleshoot.  They cannot initiate a new account, they just fix broken ones.

lammer03
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Please be patient as these are the last few days, and my guess is that many people are switching currently so the activation port glitch is happening to everyone else so the turnaround time is going to take a while

-Probably 2-3 days, but I cant be sure, I got a reply today (but mine automatically fixed itself) from my private message on saturday

Need Help? Let's chat.