cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN Settings

gilnockie1957
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am having no luck getting help from CS Agents. I think my APN setup may be wrong but have no idea how to fix it. I have reset and no difference.

also, I remember years ago I had the same problems with roaming and they reset me on the network. I wish I could get an agent to do that. All they want me to do is buy another plan

9 REPLIES 9

Maria41
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I used that and finally my data is working thank you so much! 

@gilnockie1957 

What made you think your APN was not correct? you have no internet at all or just not working for some particular thing?

And iOS or Android?

if iOS, make sure the Carrier Profile is updated

if Android, Compare the APN settings below, try to update it and save:

APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: default,supl,mms
         or    default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
           (might need to include DUN for hotspot, please note case sensitive)
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
                or  Turn APN on/off APN turned on
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator) type: GID
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator)value: 4D

gilnockie1957
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried many times to have it reset but all I was told is “you need a new package “. After I said that I did not think that was the case, they would never respond. There seems to be no accountability with the people working here

@TheSterlinger- Hey way to make me learn something new. I tested as well and indeed it works. Interesting. Thanks.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It’s the same thing with or without the i just checked.

Grand_Total
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

APN is sp.mb.com

My APN shows isp.mb.com, note the "i".

TheSterlinger

If your on iOS you can reset your APN by going to Setting, Cellular, Cellular Data Network and press Reset Network. Then restart.

For Android go to Setting, Connections, Mobile Networks, Access Point Names, Then click the right dots in the top right hand corner, click Reset to default. Then restart.

If that doesn’t work then you can contact a CS agent and ask for a network reset. As @Chalupa_Batman stated.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Morning.

APN is sp.mb.com

What kind of phone do you have? Sorry but I'm off to work. You'll have to Google how to change the settings or someone else will have to help you further. 

On a side note, a CS Agent can easily reset your network. Message a CS Agent back and tell them you want a network reset. If I remember correctly, you will have to have your phone off for it to go through. Also, if they refuse to do it, ask that your request be escalated to a supervisor.

TheSterlinger

Hi @gilnockie1957 ,

Are you on iOS or Android?

Need Help? Let's chat.