cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACTIVATION FAILED - NO PHONE SERVICE - CREDIT CARD CHARGED

lauramichelle12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please help:

I activated my SIM last night and ported my number from Telus.  At the end of activation, got the message "Your activation request has failed. Please contact Public Mobile for help."  But now I have no servi...

This seems like an unnecessary headache.  They charge my card and don't provide service?  If I knew I was going to have to be without service, I would not have signed up.  

Emailed for support last night and nothing yet....PLEASE HELP 

@Shazia_K @Mary_M @Saray_O @Caroline_D

34 REPLIES 34

lauramichelle12

Yes, it is.  It is ridiculous.  My cell is my only means of communicating with my daughter's daycare.  Now they can't get a hold of me if there is an issue.  Extremely unhappy and it seems like quite a few people are as well.  PLUS I can't call Telus and get them to re-activate me because I HAVE NOT PHONE.  I expected more from PM. disappointed.  

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @lauramichelle12;

Sorry to hear about your activation issue. This will need a moderator to fix, unfortunately they are quite backlogged right now due to the popularity of this promo, but hey are working the outage issues like yours as top priority. What you need to do is send one of them a private message as detailed in this thread, they will get you up and running as soon as they can.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

(More on the backlog: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Doing-wireless-different-has-its-ups-and...)

danicahxchan

I'm in the same boat as you.  Credit card charged, but activation/port failed.

Still have high hopes for Public Mobile, but definitely frustrated when you rely so much on your phone and it's not working.

If you haven't, I would send a Private Mesage to one of the Mods as well.

Leena_sachdev

I'm having the same issue since last night but non of the mods have replied. Its really a headache.

Need Help? Let's chat.