cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

85 day hold not in sync with payment

pedro99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to put our 2 accounts on hold for 85 days... but not until 2 weeks after my Dec 7th payment... how do I get a moderator to do this for me? I do not want to screw it up. I wish my payment date and the suspend date coincided, but they dont. This seems to make it more difficult. If I take the auto pay off before Dec 7th, I assume my phone will not work from that date?

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pedro99 

is nothing for hold but you can removed your Autopay and put it back after 85 day or another option change your plan to $15 to keep it your Autopay in your account and when you come back change to plan you like,

*important to you know*

For Reactivate A Suspended Plan

Missed a payment? After your plan expires, all you need to do is top-up your balance to keep the current plan going. You have up to 90 days to make a payment and, after doing so, your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume.After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

@pedro99 

Your current plan....?

Your return date....?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pedro99 : No. This is kind of a negative feature of the old 90 day plans. This place is prepaid. Suspending doesn't stop the clock. It's still running down your 90 days in the background. You just can't use the services.

Maybe a suggestion is to not pay on the 7th. Use a voip app until you leave. Then your 85 days later pay up and reactivate.

@pedro99 

Ok yes that makes a huge difference. Then you would want to suspend before the 7th.  What are your plan details....maybe there's a better 30 day plan unless you have full speed 4G LTE data and the fall 2016 promo plan.

pedro99

I guess what is confusing me is that my plan is the $90 for 90 days plan... does that change anything? Or if I hit suspend on say Dec 20 (having paid on Dec 7) then I have used 13 days and when I hit resume account say 70 days later it will resume and I will have 77 days left paid for and my payment date will then shift from what would have been March 7th ish to mid May ish???? Can a moderator or someone confirm?

@ham_ahma wrote:

I think the best way of handling this problem is suspending your account.

Hope this answer helps.

You're right. Once customer removes cc from autopay...the account will automatically suspend at next renewal, if not paid manually. So plan will suspend 30 days after Dec 7th* renewal.

@pedro99 

You can suspend your service at any time via lost/stolen. However you still have to pay for a full 30 days regardless of whether or not you can use the service for the entire 30 days. Here are the options for suspending....my preference is using the lost/stolen feature vs removing autopay.

Spoiler

Options for your account and service....

1. You can turn off autopay and allow the account to suspend at the of your current 30 day cycle but this is your least advantageous option. Pay and reactivate by day 85 or so.
  2. If you have an account balance that exceeds your plan amount then you need to suspend via the lost/stolen feature in your account before midnight eastern on the evening of your renewal. Then on day 85 or so resume your service to pay and reactivate.
  3. Suspending via lost/stolen before midnight eastern will keep your voicemail active allowing you retrieve voicemail and any verification sent by phone calls. However your rewards will not be applied to your account. CSA contact after paying and reactivating is necessary to have the rewards applied manually.
  4. Voicemail can be accessed by calling your pm number from a different phone by calling your phone # and pressing * once connected and entering your 4 digit voicemail pin #.
  5. If you don't have an account balance or enough balance to cover your plan amount you can suspend via lost/stolen after midnight but before 2 am eastern on the day of your renewal. Once your rewards have been applied (usually by 12:15 am et) then suspend your account. Voicemail access will be lost.
  6. Switching to the $15 plan with rewards helping to cover a partial or full amount of your plan allows you to call forward your pm number to your fongo number. Be sure to perform all call forwarding while in Canada. Now any incoming calling to your pm number will ring thru to your fongo number while on wifi or mobile data (w/a local or global sim card) You can access your fongo voicemail for all voicemail messages.

Most important mark on your calendar day 85 of your suspension and day 90. Do not forget when you must unsuspend your account via lost/stolen and/or pay and reactivate your service so you don't lose your phone number and account.

ham_ahma

I think the best way of handling this problem is suspending your account.

Hope this answer helps.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@pedro99 wrote:

I want to put our 2 accounts on hold for 85 days... but not until 2 weeks after my Dec 7th payment... how do I get a moderator to do this for me? I do not want to screw it up. I wish my payment date and the suspend date coincided, but they dont. This seems to make it more difficult. If I take the auto pay off before Dec 7th, I assume my phone will not work from that date?

You don't need moderator to do anything. After you successfully renew on Dec 7th, remove your credit card from Autopay.

Your 85 days will start when your Dec 7th renewal has run out. So on Jan 6th, your plan will just expire / suspend by itself.Your phone will work (in Canada) until then.

Set a reminder to re-up your plan at day 85.  Remember that at day 90, your account is closed down for good. You'd need a new sim to start a new account.

Alternative is just to downgrade to cheapest plans $15...then upgrade them again when you return.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@pedro99 wrote:

I want to put our 2 accounts on hold for 85 days... but not until 2 weeks after my Dec 7th payment...

You pretty much at to pay the Dec7 cycle and suspend (via non-payment) from Jan 6.  You cannot just pay for 2 weeks.  

Yes, you can suspend the accounts manually on around Dec 21 (2 weeks after Dec 7), but I don't think they do you any good as the full 30 days cycle is paid and there is no partial refund if you suspend early

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@pedro99 

Make a manual payment for your renewal before Dec 7 and then remove your auto payment CC.

Problem solved 🙂

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@pedro99 wrote:

@pedro99 

Log in to your account on the day you want to suspend service and do it yourself (Lost/Stolen phone page).

t_p_0-1637250047166.png

If you take the auto pay off before Dec 7th (your renewal date), your service will still work until Dec 7th.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pedro99 : You can suspend your account yourself. This place is prepaid. If you don't pay, you don't get service. Nor would there be any pro-ration.

Need Help? Let's chat.