cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7B1 Your phone is not activated on the network

koalaRN
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When trying to call someone, I get the message "7B1 Your phone is not activated on the network"

I can text, receive text and receive Phone call. However when receiving phone call, it show "Private number/Unknown ID" even if it's not a private number

I have already tried

• Reboot my device
  • Reset my network connections
  • Toggle in airplane mode on and off
  • Remove then re-inserting the Sim card in the device

Please help! This problem starts today after i change my plan. Thanks.

Edit: was unable to submit a ticket as well. It keeps showing as error 404

@CS_Agent 

18 REPLIES 18

@koalaRN wrote:

ok  they reached out to me and now its working! They have to refresh my number and then now it works. Ugh i hope that doesn't happen to my mom's phone when i change her plan

@koalaRN   nice.

and no worry about changing plan for your mom.  Worst case, you are experienced next time  🙂

@koalaRNyay , it working we happy to hear it 🙂

koalaRN

ok  they reached out to me and now its working! They have to refresh my number and then now it works. Ugh i hope that doesn't happen to my mom's phone when i change her plan

@koalaRN  Have you tried the SIM card in another phone ? Does it behave the same 

koalaRN

yet its not helping because i can't hear it talking at all, i knew my phone was working as i was receiving calls from my mom earlier 

@koalaRN  Oops sorry my mistake 😞

koalaRN

no Koodo kept calling me - i don't know why but there is no sound 

@koalaRN  Not support they won’t call you , you can only engage  them through private message 

koalaRN

so I have been 5 receiving phone call since 0819 pm and nobody said anything; not sure if @CS_Agent  was trying to call me but i couldn't hear anything on my end so i have to hang up

koalaRN

I added all the dr and nurses in the work focus list -  basically when work focus is on only these people in the work focus list can call me. With this issue going on, i can't call anybody (but its ok i can still use the hospital phone) but then nobody can call me because i remember i somehow set i will reject unknown caller or no caller ID. So basically i am essentially not receiving any calls because my phone will automatically reject the calls

@koalaRN - do you have these contacts saved in your contact list? This is the only way they will show who is calling. Public Mobile does not have caller ID.

OR, if you do NOT have these people in your contacts app, then you can turn off that setting in your phone for unknown callers not to ring through, but go to voicemail instead. Check your calling app settings for this.

koalaRN

no, but i did try chatbot to solve the problem and it was not working

This really affects my work as I work at the hospital. I have work focus on during my work hours and none of the doctor and nurses can't find me because my phone automatically rejects unknown caller ID (every call is unknown caller ID to me now even they are not). Ugh

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@koalaRN - 3 of us provided the same underlying link to private message customer support.

Where you using Chatbot when you received the error?

koalaRN

ok thanks everyone!!!

@koalaRN  Message support directly and pm CS agent is the same, as long as you are using this link 🙂

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

koalaRN

how do i message support directly??

Already pm CS Agents

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@koalaRN  this should not happen after a plan change, but sounds a little familiar.

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@koalaRN  

Message support directly

• Or while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click >>>here.<<<
Need Help? Let's chat.