cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$60 Plan with US Data No Longer Offered - Grandfathered?

allendick
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am on the promo that included 2GB US Data and calling, and see it is no longer offered. The US portion is no longer listed on my summary page. If I stay on this plan at renewal November 7th, does it renew with the US bonus as original or become a strictly Canadian plan?

9 REPLIES 9

Raven69
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think they will introduce another plan like that I just changed my plan to 60$ last month got lucked out 

Quincy1mm

Shoot, I missed out on it.  I was going to change my plan to the $60 USA plan that included data and unlimited calls.  

Why do that when so many snowbirds head south in the fall?  

@allendick wrote:

My question was about what happens after the next renewal, and I have a message in to the moderaors about that, but from what the others say here, I can stop worrying.

Nothing happens at renewal except you being charged $60 again and the data amounts resetting to 8.5GB for use in Canada and 2GB for use in the U.S.

allendick
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks to everyone.  I had not noticed the 2GB line in "My Data & Add-Ons" on previous vists, so am happy to see it is there now.

My question was about what happens after the next renewal, and I have a message in to the moderaors about that, but from what the others say here, I can stop worrying.

rpc1952002

Snowbird leaving in a few days and was worried about the lack of information in 'plan details' in my account since renewal a few days ago.  Message to a moderator was a complete waste of time.

Just found some confirmation (sort of) that plan is grandfathered.  In the overview of my account under 'my data and add ons', it shows two entries, one is 2gb and the other 8.5 gb.  I'm not in the US right now and the 2 GB is showing '0' used wheras the 8.5 is showing some data used.  Hope this helps everyone planning a trip.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Your plan should remain the same. There has been a lot of talk about the lack of specific language on this plan, and it has yet to be changed. I'd send a personal message to a moderator and get an official answer and keep that for a rainy day.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

No point wasting the moderator team's time on this question.  Like all plans, customers get to keep it until they change it, subject to terms which allow Public Mobile to change anything and everything with notice.  

GR
Mayor / Maire

@allendick as long as you keep renewing it and don't let it expire for more than 90 days you'll still have it! 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Your plan should remain the same. There has been a lot of talk about the lack of specific language on this plan, and it has yet to be changed. I'd send a personal message to a moderator and get an official answer and keep that for a rainy day.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@allendick wrote:

I am on the promo that included 2GB US Data and calling, and see it is no longer offered. The US portion is no longer listed on my summary page. If I stay on this plan at renewal November 7th, does it renew with the US bonus as original or become a strictly Canadian plan?

As long as you were originally on the travellers plan with 2gb USA roaming you will still have it. I believe others have mentioned the 2gb didn't show up for them either. 

Need Help? Let's chat.