cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5GB/$40 new Koodo offer for fall promo users

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

A new Koodo offer for 5GB/$40 for the PM $120/12GB fall promo users. 

GOKOODO405GBBPO

Most are saying in store only not online. So if you receive a call try and negotiate for 5GB.

Also people saying it's a medium tab.

267 REPLIES 267

torontokris

@Wonder_whywrote:

@torontokriswrote:

Anybody able to get this without porting their number over? Would love to stay with pm but get a second line. 

@torontokris nope, would Heart to add new line for $40/5GB Cat Happy, is a steal for $40

I will even take the 4GB/$40 line. I mean its offered to me =), I just dont want to move my PM line. 

Wonder_why

@torontokriswrote:

Anybody able to get this without porting their number over? Would love to stay with pm but get a second line. 

@torontokris nope, would Heart to add new line for $40/5GB Cat Happy, is a steal for $40

torontokris

I could have called them Three Men and a Baby.

Except none of the Big Three is as charming as Ted Danson, haha.

torontokris

@Hen555wrote:

By Big 3 and A half... I'm guessing we referring to Wind Mobile ...I mean Freedom Mobile ?

That would be my guess as well... as to what they meant

Hen555
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

By Big 3 and A half... I'm guessing we referring to Wind Mobile ...I mean Freedom Mobile ?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Korthwrote:

The other Big Three And A Half are no better, it's business.

@Korth I agree with the full post, but this last line deserves a special "heck yes".  There isn't really any way [for customers] to win this game.  All we can do is find as many loopholes or special treatments that we can and take advantage of those as best as possible while meeting our needs and budgets.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Anabolicwrote:
  1. Telus already yanked the chain of PM users. If they yank their chain AGAIN after switching to Koodo then they might anger enough people to boycott Telus & it's subsidiaries altogether
  2. Telus strategy is to move people up the value chain --> PM subscribers to Koodo. If Telus starts to screw with the PM refugees who ported to Koodo then that will further break their trust, meaning no one else will switch to Koodo.

I think it unlikely that Telus will yank the chain again for a while.  They've already shaken loose all the PM customers of the sort who need more or who are always keeping an eye out to shift towards something better.  Telus has been targeting these customers with waves of ever-better offers meant to sign them up for more (and to actually give them more) so they'll stay happy.  Replace the chain with a collar, pad it up with a sign-up bribe or more velvety data - choose your evil - but if you actually do get good use of Koodo's extra data and phone Tab and all that then it's a good deal worth taking.  "Voting with your wallet" is a reason to stay with PM but it's also a reason to move to Koodo, whichever gives you more value for your money.

Telus already knows full well that they lose customers each time they pull too many strings and corner their customers.  They probably weigh percentage of lost revenues vs percentage of increased revenues.  The other Big Three And A Half are no better, it's business.

Anabolic
@shawnie_boywrote:
@Wonder_whywrote:
@torontokriswrote:

@Wonder_why  why cant you be with PM and get $50 referral? People saying that but I havent seen any proof of it. Long as your email is different from PM -> Koodo you should be fine no?

@torontokris at RFD people are saying it,I myself have moved the second line to Koodo already,got confirmation for the referral ,let see down the road,if there axe it 😉

If they axe the referral, Koodo will be getting a pile of CCTS complaints. The terms are clear, they can't just make up their own internal terms. They would be stupid to create another disaster for Telus

Agreed. There's a couple ripple effects that would happen:

1. Telus already yanked the chain of PM users. If they yank their chain AGAIN after switching to Koodo then they might anger enough people to boycott Telus & it's subsidiaries altogether

2. Telus strategy is to move people up the value chain --> PM subscribers to Koodo. If Telus starts to screw with the PM refugees who ported to Koodo then that will further break their trust, meaning no one else will switch to Koodo.

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Wonder_whywrote:

@torontokriswrote:

@Wonder_why  why cant you be with PM and get $50 referral? People saying that but I havent seen any proof of it. Long as your email is different from PM -> Koodo you should be fine no?

@torontokris at RFD people are saying it,I myself have moved the second line to Koodo already,got confirmation for the referral ,let see down the road,if there axe it 😉

If they axe the referral, Koodo will be getting a pile of CCTS complaints. The terms are clear, they can't just make up their own internal terms. They would be stupid to create another disaster for Telus

Wonder_why

@torontokriswrote:

torontokris

Wonder_why

@torontokriswrote:

Last day for $50 referrals.. I am NOT with Koodo so not looking for ref, just letting people know.

Staying with PM for now

@torontokris only to those people who is not with PM or Telus

torontokris

Last day for $50 referrals.. I am NOT with Koodo so not looking for ref, just letting people know.

Staying with PM for now

torontokris

@Hen555wrote:

Confirmed with Koodo billing supervisor that none of us will be getting the $50 credit. Still worth a try but this is what they told me because they have special instructions not to add any more promos.

Still try it and see if it passes but dont bet on it.

Some people who signed up early already said it's confirmed although not in their account. Maybe your right I don't know. But koodo as far as I know Koodo has never redacted the referral because of a promo.mand koodo allows multiple promos at once. In fact koodo is stacking multiple promos with this including $100 rebate med tab for under $45 1 extra gb back pocket deal

Hen555

Confirmed with Koodo billing supervisor that none of us will be getting the $50 credit. Still worth a try but this is what they told me because they have special instructions not to add any more promos.

Still try it and see if it passes but dont bet on it.

CanPark

"GOKOODO405GBBPO" worked fine in Vancouver.

Even I did not pay for new SIM from KOODO.

SmartSelectImage_2018-02-28-16-37-00.png

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Aahanwrote:

The promo codes you need are GOKOODO405GBBPO for the plan, and PM-SIM-0 for the free SIM.

Oh yes sir, I know those and supplied to the Koodo reps. 🙂

Online though, when you enter the first one and your number it does say it's verified and shows the $100 credit but the plan doesn't show. Also not able to enter the second code once you've done the first when you do it that way.

I'll find a screenshot of the actual promo details and bring that with me tomorrow. Just a hassle and I've read that some here have had zero issues with their Koodo dealings.

Aahan

@koimr1wrote:

@torontokriswrote:

My local Koodo called me and left a voicemail saying they can give me a 5GB plan... No misrepresentation about PM just said he could give me 5GB if I switched to Koodo.

We already knew about the plan but ya confirmation. 

I had this same call yesterday except it was from a Koodo rep from a different town - today I just went to my local Koodo dealer and they were pretty clueless. After telling them about it they verified I was able to get the promo but didn't want to do it themselves - I am "supposed" to do it online at home so they sold me (and would not waive this) the SIM cards (was gonna move three accounts so multiple) and then left. I had a feeling that wasn't going to be the right process but felt the reps had no idea what to do so I didn't want to waste my time with them. Thought it was weird that they didn't want to do it there because I imagine there's some sort of commission involved for them but... whatever.

As expected I can't do it online so I will go tomorrow instead to a local Telus dealer that I know also does Koodo stuff and try there and will definitely push hard to get my SIM fee waived too.

Sorry, I know this has little to do with what you wrote but I wanted to rant and saw an opening. 🙂

The promo codes you need are GOKOODO405GBBPO for the plan, and PM-SIM-0 for the free SIM.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@torontokriswrote:

My local Koodo called me and left a voicemail saying they can give me a 5GB plan... No misrepresentation about PM just said he could give me 5GB if I switched to Koodo.

I had this same call yesterday except it was from a Koodo rep from a different town - today I just went to my local Koodo dealer and they were pretty clueless. After telling them about it they verified I was able to get the promo but didn't want to do it themselves - I am "supposed" to do it online at home so they sold me (and would not waive this) the SIM cards (was gonna move three accounts so multiple) and then left. I had a feeling that wasn't going to be the right process but felt the reps had no idea what to do so I didn't want to waste my time with them. Thought it was weird that they didn't want to do it there because I imagine there's some sort of commission involved for them but... whatever.

As expected I can't do it online so I will go tomorrow instead to a local Telus dealer that I know also does Koodo stuff and try there and will definitely push hard to get my SIM fee waived too.

Sorry, I know this has little to do with what you wrote but I wanted to rant and saw an opening. 🙂

mimmo

to all those asking for referals lets turn it around, I'm thinking of moving a plan over to koodo PM your best offer for me to use you as a referal.

torontokris

jono

If anyone wants to sign up, this offer is still on for the $50 referral credit. I just did it today and they redeemed the 5GB/40 promo without a hitch, even waived the SIM fee. If you want a referral just let me know via PM.

whysoserious

canucks4life

Last day for $50 'Refer A Friend' credit hit me up if you're planning on migrating over today!

Actually its funny I remember yo before saying how you hated Koodo because of all the begging for secret plans & promos

@Rockdaddy22wrote:

This is totally ridiculous, people shouldn’t have to beg to get on the 5gb plan. 

For OP

Pacific Mall, Square One, Fairview Park Mall, all confirmed to give the 5GB even if you have 4GB code

Grampa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The guy at the Markville mall Koodo kiosk will enter the 5GB code for you.

Rockdaddy22

This is totally ridiculous, people shouldn’t have to beg to get on the 5gb plan. 

Wonder_why

@jstlewrote:

Does anyone know where I can have it done in Vaughan/Richmond Hill, ON areas ?

I received the text and tried a few Koodo kiosks; but they can only enter the code from the text!

Thanks.

@jstle go to Koodo coparated store ,one is by Yonge and Steele,Google it

7181 Yonge St #41, Thornhill, ON L3T 2A9

jstle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does anyone know where I can have it done in Vaughan/Richmond Hill, ON areas ?

I received the text and tried a few Koodo kiosks; but they can only enter the code from the text!

Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.