cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G

Backira5000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi All, 

I recently joined public mobile and I'm very happy with my choice. Will the 4G service stay permanently at public mobile because I know it used to be only 3G service back in the days. Thanks for your time  

6 REPLIES 6

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Backira5000   if you are saying you see your phone connected to 4G / LTE service , you can actually use 4G for data and sms/mms service for long time.  But the speed will be capped at 3Mbps if you are on the old slower 3G plans.  

But all plans still need 3G network for voice calls.  This could be changed  soon, 3G will be going away, end of 2025

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Backira5000 , Public Mobile has always been 4G for data.  What you are referring to is so called 3G speed plans where the data speed is severely traffic shaped.  So long as you are on the 4G speed plans you data speed won't be slowed further in the future. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Yes, 4G is here to stay and eventually 3G will be discontinued similar to USA. But it is still long time to go...

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

My guess is YES, Public Mobile will retain the 4g service indefinitely @Backira5000 

And sometime down the road, a long way down the road, they may even get to 5g.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Backira5000   You picked the 4G speed plan now?  yes, those 4G speed plans will stay  

Need Help? Let's chat.