cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G plan

Deepan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed p for 4G plan. but still shows lte.

7 REPLIES 7

Aiden
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Wow I didn’t realize it was me and had to login after a long time to reply to this lol

It’s still confusing to this day…

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This was the first mention that I could find of using the term LTE Lite.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Rebrand-3G-as-LTE-Lite-as-it-is-not-3G-but...

@softech wrote:

@computergeek541 they really should rename the plan as low speed plan vs high speed  🙂

Nah, just get rid of the 3g plans (make them all the same speed)

@computergeek541 they really should rename the plan as low speed plan vs high speed  🙂

@softech wrote:

@Deepan   LTE is 4G  🙂

I've never agreed with this use of 3g and 4g terminology. At Public Mobile, 3g and 4g mean nothing more than the speed setting. While I believe that most of society refers considers 4g to mean LTE, Telus and several others carriers decided to start calling what was always referred to as the 3g network to 4g.  It's no wonder that confusion continues.  Many phones even show a 4g icon when connected to the "3g" (HSPA) network.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@

@Deepan wrote:

I signed p for 4G plan. but still shows lte.

@Deepan hello it is lte just now it's 4g no longer throtled to 3g ,also it takes up to 48 hours to notice an increase in speed after plan change 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Deepan   LTE is 4G  🙂

Important thing is that it will take 48 hours for the new speed to come.  Some, make sure you wait 48 hours, then you can use Speentest.net app to test the speed  🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.