cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40 5gb at 3G speed plan to $40 5gb at 4G speed plan

Brianrap
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Please bear with me as I am not very much of a techie/technical savvy person and only occasionally use my phone a great deal other than calls and texts. I am currently on the $40@month 5gb at 3G speed plan but I just noticed that there is a similar plan for the same price at 4G speed. It seems like unlimited Canada wide talk and unlimited world wide texts remains the same. Am I missing something here. Are there differences within the plans other than the improved speed? If I do switch over, do all my benefits e.g. auto pay, signing up others etc. get lost or is this a no-brainer which simply is the same plan but with higher speed? I'm sure I must be missing something here. Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

@Brianrap 

You made the right 👍 choice and you won't regret it, especially since it won't cost you anymore money and you'll get to keep all your current add ONS of data and such!

Brianrap

Guess I'd better let all the family/friends I got to sign onto PM know about the deal. They probably pay as much attention to the texts from PM as I do.

Brianrap

I was able to get the 15gb for $40 to start at my next renewal. Great deal. Thanks very much to all that responded!!! (Don't know if PM sent me a text about this put guess I better start paying more attention to what they do send.)

@dust2dust wrote:

Click that orange down arrow or right arrow to highlight it.

@Brianrap 

The above method is the only way to select a plan.  The plan being dimmed out only means that it isn't the one currently selected.  Tapping on or trying to click on the plan details of the plan that you want doesn't do anything. This feedback has been provided to Public Mobile, and hopefully, this site design shortcoming will be changed.

@Brianrap 

Try logging into your account again but using your browser in incognito or private mode instead. You should be able to see that new 4G plan with 15GB of data.

Make sure your looking at the 4Gspeed plans.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Click that orange down arrow or right arrow to highlight it.

Brianrap

Thanks for all the quick responses!!!  Just took a look and it looks like the 15gb plan isn't available to me. It shows it on the page but it appears to be greyed out-it doesn't link to that plan.

@Brianrap wrote:

Please bear with me as I am not very much of a techie/technical savvy person and only occasionally use my phone a great deal other than calls and texts. I am currently on the $40@month 5gb at 3G speed plan but I just noticed that there is a similar plan for the same price at 4G speed. It seems like unlimited Canada wide talk and unlimited world wide texts remains the same. Am I missing something here. Are there differences within the plans other than the improved speed? If I do switch over, do all my benefits e.g. auto pay, signing up others etc. get lost or is this a no-brainer which simply is the same plan but with higher speed? I'm sure I must be missing something here. Thanks.

There's no reason not to take the newer plan. It's not a guarantee of faster speeds, but only that the limit for the speed on the LTE network is set higher.  Performance can vary based on network conditions.   I agree with Walker1 that you should check if the $40/15GB plan is still available.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes note the added detail mentioned above...not just 4G speed for 5gigs of data at $40. There's the extra special 4G speed for 15gigs of data at $40. Get that one if you're fine to spend the same amount.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Brianrap 

Just schedule a change on your next renewal date to the $40 plan with 15 GB data.

There's no extra cost and yes you'll get to keep all your add ONS of data and minutes and such.

No worries!

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Brianrap 

This is a great plan (15 GB for $40) so get it while you can. All your old rewards, loyalty, etc will remain the same.

You can make a plan change in self service. Make sure to make it on the next renewal date as you will not get any credit for your current plan for an immediate plan change. Choose 4G and keep arrowing down until you see the 15 GB plan for $40.

Need Help? Let's chat.