cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G work but not LTE

amuseking
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I just signed up the promotion 15Gb LTE plan but I cannot connect to the internet if I choose LTE connection. I am only able to connect to the Internet if I change to 3G connection. I checked APN setting and reboot the phone several times but it still doesn't work. Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

amuseking
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks computergeek541, it's working now

@amuseking wrote:

Hi I just signed up the promotion 15Gb LTE plan but I cannot connect to the internet if I choose LTE connection. I am only able to connect to the Internet if I change to 3G connection. I checked APN setting and reboot the phone several times but it still doesn't work. Thanks 

There isnt' a need to make any adjustments to your APN settings. The APN settings are the same for the 3G and LTE networks. As the data connection is working on the 3G network, your APN settings are already set correctly. There's a possibility that the LTE network has been disabled in your device's settings. Please enausre that a setting such as "LTE preferred" is selected.   Which phone model do you have? There's also a possibility that the phone you have isn't compatible with Public Mobile's LTE network.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@amuseking 

sounds like maybe a porting problem from last weekend has occurred. You'll need CSA help to check if port was entirely successful.

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Use on the internet or the inability to connect to the LTE network is unrelated to nubmer porting

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@amuseking 

Did you Reset your network on your phone?

Go to Settings gear and conduct a search under Reset.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@amuseking 

sounds like maybe a porting problem from last weekend has occurred. You'll need CSA help to check if port was entirely successful.

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.