cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G data plans are great!

Irene01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I switched to the 3G data plans three months ago and just wanted to say that the speed and reception are great! I live in NB and have had great access everywhere I go. Thank you for providing excellent and affordable mobile access. 

5 REPLIES 5

@kav2001c wrote:

What speed are the 3G plans supposed to be throttled at?

I seem to have no issues whatsoever streaming 1080P on YouTube... I couldn't even get Freedom to play videos regularily

Used to be 2.5mbps up and down. It's 3mbps up and down since another flanker brand has entered the market. You still have LTE latency, though.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Extended-We-ve-Expanded-Our-Offerings-I...

What speed are the 3G plans supposed to be throttled at?

I seem to have no issues whatsoever streaming 1080P on YouTube... I couldn't even get Freedom to play videos regularily

jpar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good to hear the performance is still good on the 3G-speed plans... it's a good thing that you still connect to LTE and don't actually get forced back to HSPA. 

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thank you @will13am and @Irene01 for the information.  This is good to hear. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Always nice to see a good news story from time to time.  The "3G" data is actually on the LTE network with data speeds throttled.  For most mobile applications, it is latency that matters much more than raw data speed.  Being on the LTE network addresses the high latency associated with 3G.  I am on the LTE data plan, but my data speeds are often not much better than unthrottled 3G, but I don't experience any reduced data performance.

Need Help? Let's chat.