cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lost my Phone Number

ScottRyder
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I wanted to stop my service for 2 months since I was out of the country. I stopped my service on December 7th and I just logged in today to My Account and saw my phone number got deleted because I didn't have a payment by Jan 8.

I thought stopping payment means putting my plan on pause (up to 3 months) without losing my phone number?

It has only been one month and I would like to keep my current phone number.

8 REPLIES 8

@ScottRyder it sounds like a glitch in the system (eg plan has "vanished" and required funds are $0)

If you actually lost your number self serve would NOT let you log in

Note the $28 Legacy plan is due to a price increase ... this MIGHT be part of your system glitch

Your new topup will be $33, read the announcements page (although in this case when you message mods ask to switch plans is cheaper usually...)

As mentioned by @wetcoaster, your number should still be linked to your account until 90 days from expiry. But since you are unable to add funds to renew your plan, you will need to contact the mod team for this. 

@mimmo wrote:

@wetcoaster  having the phone number appear on the front page i believe was one of the million dollar ideas that was posted in the now/soon to be defunct Public Lab.

@mimmo

Well, looks like there are two people in this thread that looked there first. 😉

It's one of those things: "I know it's stated in my self-serve account!" I'll take this search for my own phone number in my own self serve account as a reminder to keep me humble... 🙂

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wetcoaster  having the phone number appear on the front page i believe was one of the million dollar ideas that was posted in the now/soon to be defunct Public Lab.

@ScottRyder

I just checked my account (which renewed successfully today) - my phone number (associated with the account) doesn't show on either of those two screens. I'm curious if it might have to do with last night's system maintenance.

To me it looks like your account and it's phone number is still available to you in suspended mode until March 7 (I think - I personally wouldn't let it go to the very last day, though.). But for peace of mind you could send a message to the moderators as mentioned by @NDesai.

Edit: Found mine!

Do you have access to your Plans & Add-ons page? (Can't see it on your screen shot. If it's hidden it might only reappear once you pay for your plan?)

Screenshot-2018-01-21-20.39.jpg

@ScottRyder You should contact the Moderator_Team with your account info. Reference this topic link in your message as well. They will get back to you tomorrow morning. 

ScottRyder
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi thanks for getting back to me so quick. Yes I have tried clearing cache, history and cookies. I even tried private/incognito mode. I even tried 2 other computers and it's still showing me the same thing.

It seems like my plan experied on Dec. 8 and 1 month later = Jan 8. It should be 90 days right?

Anyway, here are the screenshots. I cannot add the required amount of funds ($28 for my plan) because the 'required amount' is 0.

Capture.PNGcapture 2.PNG

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@ScottRyder wrote:

I wanted to stop my service for 2 months since I was out of the country. I stopped my service on December 12th and I just logged in today to My Account and saw my phone number got deleted because I didn't have a payment by Jan 8.

I thought stopping payment means putting my plan on pause (up to 3 months) without losing my phone number?

It has only been one month and I would like to keep my current phone number.

That's a weird one... a) your account can be suspended up to 90 days as confirmed by moderators (= Public Mobile employees) multiple times in the past. b) on day 91 after your last day of active service both your account and your phone number will be lost to you.

Have you tried logging out of your account, clear your browsers cache and/or use incognito mode before logging back in (Chrome seems to be the most reliable browser for most people). Does the problem persist?

Could you post a screen shot, please? Black out any personal information including phone number / account number / name / e-mail.

Need Help? Let's chat.