cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$34 50GB Canada US plan

Romic87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just switched to public 5 days ago for the promotional $34 50GB plan for 90 days but just today, public started offering the same thing with US included. How do I go about changing this over?! I understand it’s for new activations but I just signed up less than a week ago? Please advise with next steps if possible. Thanks everyone 

6 REPLIES 6

self solution removed

I disagree @Wellersbayview 

It works or they wouldn’t do it.

In the same light, yup would be nice.

Wellersbayview

Feel for you. PM's practice of offering new customers better plans than existing ones is non-sensical from a business perspective leading to greater 'churn' [people switching carriers when better plans are offered]. It costs PM/Telus a lot of money and is the kind of statistic shareholders do not like to see. I imagine the tension in corporate meetings between the manager of new activations.

Should I tell CSR I own about 0.000001% of Telus in my retirement savings?  😁

@Romic87 

You should reassign the solution to @Dunkman 

To do that, go into your self-assigned solution and mark as not the solution then grant it to @Dunkman 

Romic87

Thank you so much! 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Romic87 

As you mentioned, this promo plan is for new activations.  

You could try to contact customer service agent and ask.  YMMV.  No guarantees.  You may have better luck if you were "upgrading" a plan (going from cheaper to more expensive plan).

Send a private message to CSA through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Note:  if CSA does grant request, often they will need to change plans immediately and PM does not pro-rate plans, so you may lose whatever is remains in your 90 day subscription and may be charged fully again. 

Need Help? Let's chat.