cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd phone number

publicmobileAng
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I pay for 2 numbers. One is my own. A second belongs to my child.  The second one was a 10$ monthly fee. 

The 2nd ($10) line does not seem to work.  When I log into my profile, it says I have a balance of $30.  This was/is an auto withdrawl normally.   My own (primary) account has been debiting automatically with no problems.  They both draw from the same place.   

How do I get the 2nd number working.  There is no de-activated message anywhere and I have received no indication that the service has been stopped.  My child doesn't use the phone unless there is an emergency thus it hasn't been used for a while. We would not have known it wasn't working until today.

Has the service stopped because the plan changed?  If so how to I activate it.

I see it (plans) has gone to $15.  I believe this was once 10$

I just want to activate phone.

13 REPLIES 13

@publicmobileAng wrote:

This must have been what has happened...however I don't know how to re-activate.  I have no idea why it stopped as my other account continued to draw from my credit card. they are both set to withdrawl from my ccard.   I would like to keep the same number for him.  how does this happen if is de-activated.  There is no activate  on my profile screen. Also, I have nothing in my email to indicate that anything has de-activated (no trace of anything.) . When I search for public mobile all I get is advertisements.  Thanks for helping

Hi @publicmobileAng How long ago did you active your account and your child's account?  I don't think it was ever allowed to activate two sim cards with one email.  One sim card, one email.  But you can use the same credit card to pay for your child's plan.  Now if your child's plan had been suspended for 90 days, it is now closed.  You have to buy another sim card and activate a new account for your child.

The new sim card will come with a little brochure on how to activate your sim card.  Follow those steps, or go here to activate 

Go to your self-serve account to get your Referral Code.  Use your referral code to get a one-time Bonus $10 credit on your child's account to be used on the second 30-day plan.  You will get $1 referral credit on your account every 30 days.

Overview - Referral Code.png

Activation - Account information - Referral Code.png

Stay safe.  Cheers!

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@publicmobileAng  If it's really only used once in a blue moon and PM won't reactivate the account for you, here's a couple of options:

- get an account at https://www.speakout7eleven.ca//; it is expensive to use but $25/yr once a year maintains the account
- get a https://www.textnow.com account; free calling/texting on wifi

As you were using autopay I think PM should activate a $10 plan for you. 

@publicmobileAng wrote:

The problem is that I don't see the 2nd sim card on my account.  Is there a way to tell what email is attached to the sim card?  I believe it is my primary but I don't see that sim .  There is only 1 drop down next to Account#   Can 1 account have 2 sim cards?  Is there a way to use the phone number to possibly tell me what email is attached to it?

Thanks for helping

There's no such thing as a primary or secondary phone number on a Public Mobile account. Each is in it's own account. The fact that the second account doesn't get used doesn't make any difference. There are many people who keep lines active but rarely use them.  However, since you don't have access to that account, I am suspecting that a rewneal failed some time down the road. If that did happen, the 90-day threshhold that others were mentioning applies.

@publicmobileAng contact customer support mods. this isn't your fault they will help you fix it

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "no service"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

@publicmobileAng wrote:

Ok, I don't see the $10 coming out of my account so it must be de-activated.  It has been a few months.  How do I activate it again?

Has it been more than 90 days since the renewal date? If yes, then you need to buy a new sim and activate again. If you can access his self service acct then it is still okay. Is this the case, can you can still log into his acct?

publicmobileAng

This must have been what has happened...however I don't know how to re-activate.  I have no idea why it stopped as my other account continued to draw from my credit card. they are both set to withdrawl from my ccard.   I would like to keep the same number for him.  how does this happen if is de-activated.  There is no activate  on my profile screen. Also, I have nothing in my email to indicate that anything has de-activated (no trace of anything.) . When I search for public mobile all I get is advertisements.  Thanks for helping

publicmobileAng

Ok, I don't see the $10 coming out of my account so it must be de-activated.  It has been a few months.  How do I activate it again?

publicmobileAng

The problem is that I don't see the 2nd sim card on my account.  Is there a way to tell what email is attached to the sim card?  I believe it is my primary but I don't see that sim .  There is only 1 drop down next to Account#   Can 1 account have 2 sim cards?  Is there a way to use the phone number to possibly tell me what email is attached to it?

Thanks for helping

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@publicmobileAng 

I can understand your frustration with this. Each SIM card goes to a unique account so when you login to that account does it have an active plan/positive balance. If you setup autopay for both accounts, you should be good. You can try removing the SIM card then inserting it back in. Additional steps would be

Can you try these steps:

Login to your self-serve account. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]

Logoff, Wait 5 minutes and login again

Report your phone found. Turn off your phone for 1 min then back on.  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@publicmobileAng wrote:

I pay for 2 numbers. One is my own. A second belongs to my child.  The second one was a 10$ monthly fee. 

The 2nd ($10) line does not seem to work.  When I log into my profile, it says I have a balance of $30.  This was/is an auto withdrawl normally.   My own (primary) account has been debiting automatically with no problems.  They both draw from the same place.   

How do I get the 2nd number working.  There is no de-activated message anywhere and I have received no indication that the service has been stopped.  My child doesn't use the phone unless there is an emergency thus it hasn't been used for a while. We would not have known it wasn't working until today.

Do you have a self serve setup for both accounts?  When you say you see a $30 balance is that on your primary account or your child's?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@publicmobileAng wrote:

Your son's $10 plan may be suspended without payment.  90 days after suspension, his account will be canceled.

What is the error message when you tied to login to his account?

You can check your autopay credit/ debit card past statement to determine when was the last time you paid $10 + sales tax on his account to determine what happened to his account.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@publicmobileAng , does the $10 account show as suspended?  If so, there should be a reactivate button on the main screen.  Click on that to reactivate the account.  As far as auto renewal goes, set auto pay on which is a setting found in the payment tab.  With respect to your question about the $10 plan, you can keep that plan as long as you want even though it is no longer available for others customers to select.  

Need Help? Let's chat.