cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2gb bonus with 60 plan

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

I'm asking for a friend who is considering. She's looking for 10g plan. Now I know that this one has 2gig I suspect USA only, but I'm hoping it's North America so it can be used in Canada as well. Can anybody confirm? 

I suspect it will show up as 2g USA add-on that will only be available through att or sprint network or something like that.

But I'd really like to hear from someone (if possible) who actually used up 8.5 g and couldn't use the 2g addon before I tell her 'sorry no'

Thank you very much

9 REPLIES 9

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@totalUser 2GB isn't a bonus. It is part of the plan for use in U.S.

@AE_Collector wrote:

Yes when this plan first launched that was my first comment. Make it 10/10.5 Gb with up to 2 of the Gb usable in the US.

Now it's.only the roaming for the extra $10. If they made it include more Canadian data, the question if the 2GB can be used in Canada will.still be asked.

Yes when this plan first launched that was my first comment. Make it 10/10.5 Gb with up to 2 of the Gb usable in the US.

@AE_Collector wrote:

Most users aren’t that consistent that they know they need 10Gb, not 9 Gb and not 11Gb. I would try the $50 / 8.5 Gb (incl the .5 Gb bonus for autopay) and see how it goes. If tight, slightly more diligence on Wi-Fi use when available would likely do it.

Terry

Yeah i thought so too,  but apparently she regularly runs out of 10. They have now 'unlimited' i have no clue what she does but i know she has wifi at home. I know she wouldn't be happy with it and would run back. But I'm sure public will have something coming. 

Too bad those 2 gigs are not like those 200 mins to be used either place. She would jump on it as she goes south of the border about 3 times a year.

I'll just be watching out for a deal for her

Most users aren’t that consistent that they know they need 10Gb, not 9 Gb and not 11Gb. I would try the $50 / 8.5 Gb (incl the .5 Gb bonus for autopay) and see how it goes. If tight, slightly more diligence on Wi-Fi use when available would likely do it.

Terry

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

I guess it's not time for her yet.

But I'll be on lookout for new deals, I'm sure there will be something coming along that will help me drag her over:)

Thank you all very much

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It is only while in the US. I have that plan and used lots of data one month when was moving. The 2GB wasn't used when I used all my data. I normally never use it all but that one time I did. The 2GB data can only be used in US. If you do use all data on this plan you will only have data when in US. A data add on would be needed to keep using data. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@totalUser   @krazykiwi  is correct the 2GB data is roaming only whilst in the US, it will not work for domestic use.  It has been confirmed in another thread, but I don't remember where that particular thread is. 

But you can just send a message to moderators and get a confirmation for your friend that way if you like.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@totalUser wrote:

I'm asking for a friend who is considering. She's looking for 10g plan. Now I know that this one has 2gig I suspect USA only, but I'm hoping it's North America so it can be used in Canada as well. Can anybody confirm? 

I suspect it will show up as 2g USA add-on that will only be available through att or sprint network or something like that.

But I'd really like to hear from someone (if possible) who actually used up 8.5 g and couldn't use the 2g addon before I tell her 'sorry no'

Thank you very much

Unfortunately although I have not tested it, the 2 Gb are US only. If your friend always uses 10 Gb then PM may not be a good fit but if it is occasionally then they may look at the 1Gb add-on. Expensive but the advantage is that the 1 Gb rolls over until used up.

Need Help? Let's chat.