cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 factor authentication in Mexico

socanadian
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have a public mobile Canadian phone number.   Currently I am in Mexico using a Mexican SIM with a Mexican Phone #.

I need access to an online account of mine that is set up with 2 factor Authentication.

Is there a way I can forward texts from my Public Mobile phone # to my Mexican #?

If not is there another way I can get access to my online account?  

Please note, there is nobody I can call to change my 2 factor authorization via phone at the company.

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

@darlicious i guess you are correct 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Quigley @hTideGnow 

Lol...I think you are both assuming the OP is asking about their pm account whereas I read the message as an online account other than the pm self serve account ie. like a bank account or Facebook etc....?

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@socanadian 

You'll have to get help with access to your account from a Customer Support Agent.

Use the Chatbot Simon to get a service ticket started.

Or send a private message to CS_Agent

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@socanadian 

Do you have the option to send the 2FA code by phone call to your pm voicemail rather than by text message?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @socanadian no, you cannot forward text to Mexican number 

can't you receive the code in email?

if not, ask CS agent help

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Forgot Login,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.