cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

" 5UC1/5UC3: This number has not been set up to recieve incoming calls" 5 days no service.

AndrewCalgary
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up on Thursday and nothing has worked except outgoing calls. Even worse is that incoming callers can't hear my voicemail and only hear that my service is not set up to take incoming calls. Clients are angry, my boss is angry, I am angry and will be forced to go back to Freedom soon. They were merely annoyed at freedom mobile's spotty service, but at least they could leave a voicemail or text and I would get back to them.

I am looking into sending a complaint to the CRTC about this substandard level of service.

After a few e-mails between tech support which consisted of trying things I have alredy done, I talked to my spouse, who works for Telus and she looked up my phone using some sort of online tool. According to this tool My phone is ported, but should be re-ported which would cost Public Mobile $1. E-mailing tech support is tedious and frustrating when their only suggestion is powering it off and on again and trying another phone.

Public mobiles tech support e-mail is suggesting a bad SIM, which would not explain the phone number not being set up to recieve calls, as that is set up by the network according to my spouse. Also, waiting for another sim in the mail is dumb and I would just cancel my service and demand a full refund.

I have tried the SIM in both my iPhone SE and Alcatel Idol 4S and an iPhone 6s that the apple store let me borrow. Same results. no texting in or out, no data, no incoming calls, no voicemail, just " 5UC1/5UC3: This number has not been set up to recieve incoming calls"

I hoped to have this mess taken care of before today as I was working in a remote location unaccesible by vehicle and being able to contact my coworkers was essential to my safety. I ended up purchasing hand-held radios so we were not violating health and safety rules.

9 REPLIES 9

HI @amepure17kg   did you just activate the account?

I think you need to open ticket with CS Agent, they will check it for you.

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. start by typing : Contact CS Agent
  2. then Click "Contact Us"
  3. then Click "Other"
  4. finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
    you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

amepure17kg

I have the same issue... anybody can help?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @AndrewCalgary,

thank you for taking the time to provide feedback!

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I understand that this may not be an ideal situation but our goal is to ensure your satisfaction, which is why we will do everything we can to help. 

Now, I can see that my colleague Shazia was able to troubleshoot the back-end. Can you confirm if the issue has been resolved ?

Please let us know !

Respectfully,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

AndrewCalgary

This type of severe service issue should be taken seriously and resolved without publicly complaining online and treatening to take business elsewhere and inform the regulators. Gregory was convinced my SIM was at fault and sent a new one in the mail AFTER you fixed the problem, (if I am reading time stamps correctly.) You actually looked at the problem and took it seriously.

So, in summary, you fixed it, but you guys are very bad at this and as indivuals and as a company you should be ashamed of your performance. I have already complained to the CRTC about this and have provided them copies of the emails and this forum post.

I will not accept this as a solution, as clearly something is still wrong with the culture at Public Mobile.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thanks, @Samianauman 🙂 let's hope that he can update us once he get's the chance. 

@AndrewCalgary, please update once you have a chance, I'll restart your plan for the missing days without service. 

Thank you, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Thanks shazia for quick result. Hope op issues been resolved from his end.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @AndrewCalgary

I was able to find your account using your community email address. 

I saw that there were some errors that occurred at the activation which was causing the service issue that you currently have. I was able to clear them, can you please test out your Public Mobile SIM card one more time in any unlocked device? I think your service should be working now. 

I am truly sorry that the rep helping you was not able to identify the issue earlier. 

Please let me know of the results. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @AndrewCalgary

I'm sincerely sorry to hear about this! 

Can I please ask you to send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number? 

I will look into this and see what's going on. 

Thank you, 

Shazia

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Looks like you need quick solution I am tagging mod for you @Shazia_K
Hopefully they will resolve your issues.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.