cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 3

crackerjack
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

A friend has given me an iPhone 3 that she no longer needs.

I'm exploring different options still and it's going to be a phone / plan for my daughter.

Would I be able to setup the iPhone 3 with Public Mobile?

Is it possible to have my daughter's name show up when she calls / text people and it would show her name (caller id?) instead of my name?

thanks again!

6 REPLIES 6

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @DK,

R****s' customers are known for conceit, though false.

LOL.

Welcome!

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This post here by a most excellent poster should help you!

lol

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/iPhone-4-3GS-3G/m-p/13467#M1961

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello @sportymi

The first 2 paragraphs of your post are 100% correct.

Cheers.

sportymi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Isn't it when you call somebody new (who doesn't have your number saved on their phone), the caller id will only show the phone number?

But if you save your daughter's number on your phone, you will see her name when she calls you. You may also add her photo to your phone and you'll see that too.

I'd check the battery level of your iphone 3, it's kind of an old phone and depending how it was use before, the battery could drain very quickly after so many years.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @crackerjack!

The iPhone 3 does have PM compatible 3G bands.  So, you will be able use it for talk, text and the slower 3g data.  However, if it doesn't get PM APN settings automatically, you will have to go to one of those websites using safari from the phone itself and set them up the long way... if, that is possible. The reason I say this, is because this method was used and discussed in the community for iphone 4.. but I imagine it should work for iPhone 3 as well.. since they have the same iOS.  

As for setting up the account to show her name, that is possible. After activating the new line for her, sign into the self-serve and click on "Profile" and you can enter her name there.  

Keep in mind that the second line you activate will be a separate line.. completely independent of your current account.  Thats how it is with PM.. 1 account can only have 1 phone line.  

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

It should work if the phone is unlocked or locket to Telus or Koodo. 

PM does have caller ID, but it will show whatever name you put in your contact. 

Need Help? Let's chat.