cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Who’s sticking around?

I'm sticking around.

I might not get that much in loyalty rewards (just the auto-pay one), and do not have any referalls, so no discount there either. I'm fine with the plan I have right now (Fall Promo 2106 / 12GB/$120/90 day LTE)

The promotions to switch simply aren't interesting enough to me right now to make me switch.

It seems PM is trying very, very hard to get people to switch. As per another thread, I've had a phone call from a local Koodo store about switching.

It really seems like they are deparate to get us to switch, but I'm not going.

Mayor / Maire

@srlawrenwrote:

@willph I have yet to visit it (but likely will very shortly), but there is a Koodo community too.  Many of the members you are familiar with here I think probably already are or will shortly be arriving in the Koodo community.....  maybe keep an eye out there?  Smiley Happy 

In case anyone's curious, I have officially surfaced in the Koodo community; that said, I haven't done much yet.  Maybe I'll see some of y'all around them parts.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@srlawren I will follow you 👍 😄

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@ShawnC13wrote:

I am in decision moded right now.  $100 bill credit and $100 referral credits can go a long way.  6GB for $40 is a GREAT price.  I planned on paying 40 when I came over to PM so even though it would cost double what I pay now this is a tough choice.  Even if I do switch between my wife and I would be $80 a month.  When we were with Rogers we were at $110 and SHARED 2.5GB so saving $30 and each getting 6GB is AMAZING.  Will be making my decision over the next couple of days.

I still don't think the current pricing will be around forever.  I don't care what was said, this price will not be 12GB for $120 forever.  They will find a way to change it.

Great post, but has anyone actually been able to take advantage of the $100 bill credit and earn a $100 referral while asking advantage of this 6 GB for $40 promo?

A friend already on Koodo sent me a referral. When you follow the link, it talks about each of you getting $100 bill credit for that, but where can you enter the promo code for the other $100 credit and the 6 GB for $40 plan.

Guy in the kiosk says the only way to take advantage of the promo is in-store, but then they limit you and a friend to just $25 referral discounts.  Has anyone actually taken advantage of all the discounts and promotions by doing it yourself online?  And do you have to have a SIM card in hand?

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stallaepwrote:

Great post, but has anyone actually been able to take advantage of the $100 bill credit and earn a $100 referral while asking advantage of this 6 GB for $40 promo?

A friend already on Koodo sent me a referral. When you follow the link, it talks about each of you getting $100 bill credit for that, but where can you enter the promo code for the other $100 credit and the 6 GB for $40 plan.

Guy in the kiosk says the only way to take advantage of the promo is in-store, but then they limit you and a friend to just $25 referral discounts.  Has anyone actually taken advantage of all the discounts and promotions by doing it yourself online?  And do you have to have a SIM card in hand?

Kiosk guy was wrong - the promo can be done online and if you do so you will get a $100 bill credit.

He was correct in that you can also do it in-store but then the credit is only $25.

Go to Koodo's site and try and sign-up for a plan - pick a dummy plan (anything) and you will be able to enter your promo code and then your PM phone number - if accepted you will then see the new promo plan and the $100 credit and can proceed from there.

You do NOT need nor want a SIM in-hand - in fact the online order will include one (and you have to pay $15+tax for it) and you'll need to wait for it to activate.

To get the referral credit of $100 (which is additional to the above!) make sure you've followed a referral link FIRST before doing the above. Then when you are all activated with Koodo you will have instructions to redeem the referral afterwards as well as be able to give out referrals of your own. You can have up to $300 referral credit per year.

I was originally in the long leaving list but I changed my mind and am now staying with Public Mobile.  I sent an e-mail off to Koodo webstore asking for cancelation.  If I didn't make the request on time and end up receiving the phone, I'll just send everything back without any loss (well, except for the $15 for sim).  The Koodo 6GB $40 is no doubt fantastic, but after factoring in Public Mobile rewards, Public is still less expensive for me.  I currently don't use anywhere close to my current 12GB over 90 days, and I don't really need Canada-wide calling.

Oracle

@computergeek541 great to hear.  It's hard to swallow the price - rewards at pm vs koodo.  The koodo offer is great if you have few referrals and if you get an additional 100$ referal.

I switched my wife,  and "realised" after that she lost the long distance to USA which she used occasionally.

I don't think I will go anywhere untill I have to.

@mimmowrote:

@computergeek541 great to hear.  It's hard to swallow the price - rewards at pm vs koodo.  The koodo offer is great if you have few referrals and if you get an additional 100$ referal.

I switched my wife,  and "realised" after that she lost the long distance to USA which she used occasionally.

The Koodo price is fantastic - it really is.  But, I think my original decision to leave during this round of offers was probably hasty.  A few years ago (at Wind with unlimited data), I used to use more data, but recently, I've been only using maybe about 10 to 20% of my 12GB over 90 days.  My case would result in me paying more for something I'm not using.  There'll always be another offer by someone, somewhere.  People often just want to lock in the plan out of fear it will never be offered again.  But in some ways, that's silly to do because there's never any guarantee that the price won't go up later anyway.  In the meanwhile short-term period, I'd be paying more for no reason.

What's that saying about if it ain't broke(n)?  I know Public Mobile still does have system glitch issues and such, but right now, me moving around to Koodo just to get something I don't need would just me messing around, changing things up, and swtiching around unnecessarily when things are fine now  (at least for me - I've never ran in to any of the strange Public Mobile bugs). 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541wrote:

@mimmowrote:

The Koodo price is fantastic - it really is.  But, I think my original decision to leave during this round of offers was probably hasty.  A few years ago (at Wind with unlimited data), I used to use more data, but recently, I've been only using maybe about 10 to 20% of my 12GB over 90 days.  My case would result in me paying more for something I'm not using.  There'll always be another offer by someone, somewhere.  People often just want to lock in the plan out of fear it will never be offered again.  But in some ways, that's silly to do because there's never any guarantee that the price won't go up later anyway.  In the meanwhile short-term period, I'd be paying more for no reason.

What's that saying about if it ain't broke(n)?  I know Public Mobile still does have system glitch issues and such, but right now, me moving around to Koodo just to get something I don't need would just me messing around, changing things up, and swtiching around unnecessarily when things are fine now  (at least for me - I've never ran in to any of the strange Public Mobile bugs). 

I'm sticking it out to the bitter end, and this is exactly my reasoning.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@UMMwrote: 

The wireless code does not subsume consumer rights laws and case law, and I find it curious why anyone would advocate otherwise.

Yes and No.  "[Today] the CRTC is an independent public authority and reports to Parliament" ... it can call itself whatever it wants but it is basically a government-funded and government-mandated and government-subordinate organization.  It is basically a government machine meant to assert government control over communications, the Big Three (Big Four) players basically all trace their lineage (through a sometimes twisted path) to "privatized" Crown Corporations.  They've always made the Telecomm (and then Datacomm) laws in Canada, the CRTC is their legal instrument, the CRTC Wireless Code is the de-facto legal code referenced by the courts in this business.  The CRTC (and CCTS) do serve communications customers but their primary mission is to enforce the status quo, thus our cellphone providers enjoy a oligopoly market instead of competing in a free market.

A consumer could challenge the CRTC in court.  Just like anyone could challenge the CRA in court.  But you'd better have a seriously solid case if you want to beat them in a legal arena where they're they ones writing consumer laws.  Victory isn't impossible but the odds of success seem overwhelmingly dismal.