Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Usa texting

Agree with @hairbag1 , get a U.S. prepaid SIM when you’re there

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don’t understand how I do that. Do I have to cancel my 15.00 plan for the three months I am in Florida. Then I buy a SIM card and what is my next step.

Mayor / Maire

@Lynban wrote:

I don’t understand how I do that. Do I have to cancel my 15.00 plan for the three months I am in Florida. Then I buy a SIM card and what is my next step.

SIM's are swappable. It was kinda the whole point of them when they came out. Of course telco's abused that for profit.

Then you insert the other SIM and activate it.

You don't have to cancel anything. You let it suspend (if you don't want to spend money for nothing). Before 90 days after you let it suspend you top-up and you're PM service is back.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes, Public Mobile is prepaid so you don’t have to worry about paying every month if you won’t be here to use it. As @z10user4 said, you can simply reactivate your account before 90 days. (maybe a little sooner to make sure it’s up and running before you get back)

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok. I would not stop anything. I do not mind paying the 15.00 a month for the three months I am away so that I don’t mess up my account or make more trouble for myself.

so if I continue to keep paying my 15.00 can I then remove the SIM card in my phone, put in a USA card and then will I be set to go and what phone number will I be using for the USA SIM card. Can I use same number. Thanks 

Mayor / Maire

@Lynban wrote:

Can I use same number. 

@Lynban unfortunately, no.  You will have to select a new American phone number for use with that SIM card.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

You could also buy a Zip Sim or Gigsky sim.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can't port your cdn number to the u.s.and vice versa. Even if you could that would close your account with pm and you would lose any rewards and/Or balance. Simply remove your pm SIM put in the American SIM and activate . You will choose a new phone number. This is the number you give to friends and family and add to your voicemail on your pm number (If you want.) When you return home swap cards and you're back on your current number. If you want you could keep the u.s. number by choosing that cell providers lowest cost plan (like pm's $10) to maintain the account had it available to you whenever you travel down south. In theory have 2 phone numbers for a year costing around $240.

Public Mobile

@z10user4 wrote:

@Lynban wrote:

I have the 15.00 plan. It says I have international texting . I was just in the USA and on two occasions I tried to text and I could not. It said not delivered both times.

am I not able to send a text from the USA with my 15.00 plan.

@Alan_K:  Once again another victim of the misinterpretation of international.

@Lynban: No. You would need to buy roaming add-ons to send texts and make calls in the US.

inttext.png@z10user4 I can add in a superscript to the International text description on the left and put something in the offer details citing the international text is only good if you're on the TELUS/PM network and the need for a roaming package if you are going outside Canada. What do you think?

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle