cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unclear as to moderators' hours

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So, I was looking at the Knowledge Base article about contacting the moderators (https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...), and noticed an error of sorts WRT the hours of operation on Fridays.  The first paragraph shows the following:

Community Moderators are available from Mon-Friday 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

So is Friday 9-9 or 9-7:30?

There is apost on May 27, 2017 by MOD @MarieHelene_L that indicates that Fridays are 9-9.  If this is still correct, then I think the main article should be updated, as it could lead to confusion, and mor importantly to frustration.

14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS_Agent, the KB article still shows the wrong hours for the weekend (7:30pm instead of 7:00pm).  How hard is it to update an article.

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MarieHelene_L, the KB article "How do I contact Public Mobile?" lists moderator hours as Mon-Friday 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT).

Are you able to update this article to the confirmed official moderator hours?

Thank you Annie

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @Mana

Yes, this is right 🙂 

Cheers, 

Annie 

Thanks for update @MarieHelene_L

The hours of operation are in EST right?

lol @stonechucker you and I are part of a vanishing minority.  And getting old.

Most people don't "research" things anymore.  Reading is a chore.  Bulleted summaries with easily digested answers are quicker to figure out than pages of dense smartbabble.

I think that, from PM's standpoint, if the overwhelming majority of their (new and existing) customers keep referring to canned FAQ pages then it's important to make those FAQs as pretty and relevant as possible.  (Just speculating, although I've seen this sort of resource emphasis on many other business websites, lol.)

matbasm

@stonechucker,  Unfortunately not everyone does their due dilligence when buying a product or signing up for a service.  People just make assumptions as to how/what things should be.  And then they complain when things aren't what they expect.  Best we can do is help ease their pain.

Seriously, a name change to FAQ?  What do you think a knowledge base is?  It’s all the answers to frequently asked questions.

I was sceptical of joining Public Mobile, when I heard of it, because who gets cellular service for Next to nothing, and doesn’t even advertise that they’re available in mainstream advertising opportunities?

When I found Public Mobile, I read everything I could before joining full time.  I started with a then available 10 day plan, to test out my reception, call quality, and before any of that occurred, I made sure to read the entire knowledge base.

i came to this blind, but took it upon myself to understand what Public Mobile was.  I didn’t need a FAQ to search for my question, I used the the knowledge base to learn what I needed to know.

@matbasm, you would be surprised how many community members do not research before joining up.

I suspect most people are either very excited at joining PM (getting their phone working or getting a better deal than they had before) or are very frustrated by phone problems (something not right on their account, their billing, their device, or their configuration) ... and either way they have something to say so they quickly click through the registration hoops, read nothing and "agree" to everything, then post their enthusiasm/questions/rants somewhere visible (often in the first thread they see with a recently active moderator).

Not judging.  Just saying I can understand people wanting to jump online and use their phones, not wanting to join online discussions about using phones.

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello all!

Just wanted to confirm official mod hours are the following; 

Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm

Saturday and Sunday 9am to 7pm 

Not sure why it says we finish at 7:30pm on the weekends, cause that's definitely not true! Just updated the KB article, however for some reason I am not able to update Jeremy's article. 

I can confirm we do finish at 7pm on the weekends Cat Tongue 

Cheers, 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker I do agree. But I am sure PM could increase the read rate by changing The KB board title to FAQ or create a featured thread called FAQ and common issues, which just has acatigorsed  links to various important threads. 

@matbasm, you would be surprised how many community members do not research before joining up.  I think there are maybe 100 or so who do.

Well, that’s probably low, but I’m sure most do not.

matbasm

Then I think someone should update the KB article.  It's the first thing a new PM customer would be looking at when they need help.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT) per:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Changes-to-our-Support-structure/m-p/16...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.