cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The Brilliance of Telus

I say PUBLIC's community programme and referrals are excellent marketing strategies Telus has devised.   Very convenient for users and make them feel more appreciated as customers.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: The Brilliance of Telus

@Lyuh1945 wrote:

I say PUBLIC's community programme and referrals are excellent marketing strategies Telus has devised.   Very convenient for users and make them feel more appreciated as customers.

I love it.

This USA hotspot device used to be similar. https://yourkarma.com/wifi/pricing/

I was going to use with a wifi app but since have ceased crossing the border. They had a prepaid option to buy GB of data that never expired and no regular top ups...but looks like they have changed. There was some kind of credit when you allowed another user to use it at no cost. 

Used to be better until Telus bought Public.  Time will tell...

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Really, it had been better before the acquisition?  

I thence assume that the community idea is not a Teleus invention.

Sad....  

I never heard about PM until after it was already telus. I am pretty sure Telus helped spread the word.

Two things can happen after a acquisition: the parent company buys a company to destroy it or to expand their operation. 

If you think about it, PM uses telus towers, it still exists and it only improves. So it was a good move. 

Mayor / Maire

@dickwong wrote:

@dickwong plans might have been cheaper then, but it's pretty hard to argue with Telus's nationwide HSPA and LTE networks, vs. the old CDMA network that PM launced with pre-acquisition.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Lyuh1945 wrote:

Really, it had been better before the acquisition?  

I thence assume that the community idea is not a Teleus invention.

Sad....  

Community idea came much after aquisition. Public mobile used to cater to very different audience. Most of people didn't or even couldn't have credit cards. Public even provided finincing. When you would call 611 you would press 1 for credit card and 2 for mobile. Stores were full of people waiting in line to pay by cash, phones were very affordable and people who worked there were great friendly and helpful. Phones and real estate are expensive so the company wasn't making money. Customers loved them. But expending was too expensive too, so you would be very lucky to have it, those who did loved it. I tried all 3 wind, public and mobilucity and would pick any of them over bell or Rogers. 

@srlawren wrote:

@dickwong wrote:

@dickwong plans might have been cheaper then, but it's pretty hard to argue with Telus's nationwide HSPA and LTE networks, vs. the old CDMA network that PM launced with pre-acquisition.

Yeah the old PM CDMA network was only in a few cities wasn't it? Toronto/Montreal?

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lyuh1945 wrote:

That is about possibility of getting very low price. Some of it needs some.worj, but after some time, you can have some  nice discounts.