cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card Not getting signal

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have restarted my phone because an app was acting up. When I turned the phone back on my phone shows emergency calls only. Before I restarted my phone I had a strong signal. I'm using a Blu Vivo XI+

I have taken out the sim card and put it back in. That has done nothing. After putting sim card back in I restarted phone again and still nothing. Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tehowennathe wrote:

Did a factory reset and it reset my problem. I now get a signal and can call and text

Glad to hear that! Thanks for reporting back.

For future reference, the type of reboot you did is a "soft" reboot as it's typically quicker but doesn't always clear up issues. hard reboot is the way to go if you see anything acting up on your phone, just to rule things out. But glad the network reset is what fixed you up this time and hope the connection continues to remain stable!

tehowennathe

Did a factory reset and it reset my problem. I now get a signal and can call and text

[Self help is often the solution ........ Luddite]

tehowennathe

Yes I got rid of app which was Twitter that kept acting up. It's no longer on be but issue is still there

tehowennathe

Just clicked the reboot button next to the power off button. 

mh1983

OK. Meanwhile, did you get rid of the app that was acting up? Also, check your mobile network settings to make sure everything's okay there? (You can always reset network settings from within Android, but note that that will remove all saved WiFi networks.) 

What kind of reboot did you do? I think a "hard reboot" is holding the power button for 32 seconds then waiting for the phone to reboot. 

Things to try out before you test that SIM in another phone. Good luck!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@tehowennathe try manually select PM as your network,  enable flight mode , restart your phone and remove flight mode . If problems persist contact a moderator . Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon . Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one  (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@tehowennathe wrote:

I have restarted my phone because an app was acting up. When I turned the phone back on my phone shows emergency calls only. Before I restarted my phone I had a strong signal. I'm using a Blu Vivo XI+

I have taken out the sim card and put it back in. That has done nothing. After putting sim card back in I restarted phone again and still nothing. Any suggestions?

tehowennathe

Won't be able to do that till after work. 

mh1983

Can you try the sim card in another phone just to rule out whether the card is bad?

Need Help? Let's chat.