cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card

Grahamk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an IPad Air Cellular. My Pixel phone is subscribed to Public Mobile. Can I move the SIM card from the Pixel to the IPad to use the data portion and then back again? I like to have internet when I’m away camping and can’t get wifi service. 

7 REPLIES 7

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Grahamk wrote:

I have used Public Mobile sims in my Ipad before, so I guess the APN settings are correct. 

Not familar with how to setup hotspot. Would it be just as fast?

Yes.  It is easy to turn on wifi hotspot on your phone.

You are using power on your phone and your iPad.  You want to conserve power when you are camping...

Let Gogle be your friend....

Turn your Google Pixel smartphone into a Wi-Fi hotspot with these steps.
  1. From the Home screen, slide the apps up and open “Settings“.
  2. Tap “More“.
  3. Select “Tethering & portable hotspot“.
  4. Slide “Portable Wi-Fi hotspot” to “On“.
  5. Select “Set up Wi-Fi hotspot“.
  6. Set the “Network name“, “Password” and other options as desired.

Grahamk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have used Public Mobile sims in my Ipad before, so I guess the APN settings are correct. 

Not familar with how to setup hotspot. Would it be just as fast?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Grahamk wrote:

I have an IPad Air Cellular. My Pixel phone is subscribed to Public Mobile. Can I move the SIM card from the Pixel to the IPad to use the data portion and then back again? I like to have internet when I’m away camping and can’t get wifi service. 

If your sim fits the ipad...give it a try. Alternative is to use the "hotspot" function on the phone.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can move the sim but your Ipad would need to have APN settings for it to get mobile data.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Grahamk wrote:

I think you can.  Just try it as PM is prepaid service.  There is no charge to try it.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Grahamk wrote:

Wouldn't it be easier to just use the phone as a hotspot?

Need Help? Let's chat.