cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please use Tags

BetaKam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I noticed that a lot of people create posts but do not use the Tags feature.  This is really important feature for other users to be able to help you get your message across and allow others with the same issue to find a thread relating to them.  This will avoid duplication of threads with the same issue and it easier for us find what we need in a seemingly growing community. 

Lets try our best to TAG our posts

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

OK. Counts as a solution to me.

Thanks.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @Luddite - Tags are specific keywords that can applied to the posts in order to make them easily searchable by other users. 

As an example, I tagged my response with these tags - Tag,Tagging,Tags,What are tags.

Now anytime when a user types any of these keywords in the search bar on the Community's home page, this thread will come up in the suggested posts.

Still not clear to me how "Tags" function.

I think it is intended to allow grouping of questions/answers under a common topic; however, when one clicks "Add Tag" no drop down list is shown so I'd be guessing what the common Tag might be. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

benwarez
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

How lazy PPL can be during winter.!!, myself includedRobot LOL

Vostok
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

While a good idea, unfortunately, I don't see a lot of people doing that, let alone trying to avoid posting their email addresses and phone numbers on a public forum. LOL. Half of them aren't even aware they're doing that.

benwarez
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Honestly ..me too, I'm too lazy to tag my posts.. even the main Tag poster didn't do well either.. just few, Lol...

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

^I agree but most people are one time poster and most likely will not use the search function anyways.

Need Help? Let's chat.