cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Wind

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
For the ones that were successful in porting from wind what information did you fill in?
I was thinking just doing account # as that worked well when I ported another line from Rogers
8 REPLIES 8

Zombie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Even though it's optional I filled out all 3 boxes- accout number (copied from Wind's self serve portal) the IEMI and PIN. I put my landline in for alternate (though I've heard that have been issues with this with people accidentally getting the alternate number ported).

I ported my number yesterday from Wind, and my wife's today (same account) and no issues... sort of.

It failed to activate (I think complaining about the credit card but it was hard to tell the page was a little mis-formatted).  It told me to go back to activate.publicmobile.ca, but there was an ACTIVATE button at the botton (since clicking on the activate.publicmobile.ca URL took me right back to entering my number again and I got a notification that my credit card had been charged by my CC company, so I new the payment worked).  Once I clicked "ACTIVATE" it spun for a bit, and then everything was good, but I had to go in and re-enable Autopay.  I used my wife's credit card for this (same credit card account, just a different number).

I even got the referral credit in my main account from my wife's sign up (however, strangely, my autopay reward on my main account disappeared in place of the referral reward).

The port took around 25 minutes and all is working fine now; tested texting and calling from my phone and also my work phone which is not on a Telus-related provider.  So all good other than the missing autopay reward on my primary account, which hopefully a mod can fix when things calm down a bit.

PatelPM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Same as what rest have suggested.

I was able to successfully port two numbers from wind.

Same as others have suggested however I logged into my wind account to copy paste exact information from one screen to another.

Info filled in:
Wind account number
Exact name from wind account
Alternate number as a valid cell number other than the being ported.
Pin#

First port took 5 mins another one also took 5 mind however incoming calls on the second one took half hour.

Hope that helps
Thx

@Vickel wrote:
For the ones that were successful in porting from wind what information did you fill in?
I was thinking just doing account # as that worked well when I ported another line from Rogers

Out of the 3 fields that it says you must enter at least one:  account number and only account number - nothing else

That really is the best method, no matter which carrier you are coming from.  The IMEI and PINs are really only a fallback in my opinion in the rare case that account number doesn't work or if isn't possible to get it.

@orange_joe Did you put account number too?  

Or just the Authorization name and PIN ?

orange_joe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Authorization name and Pin is all I've placed and it worked just after a couple of minutes.

hslee1210

Provide the information that previous service provider has on their file only.

If you are not sure and if it is not mandatory field, do not provide the information.

Conflicting or undocumented information will delay your process.

beerdude111
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Account number

Alternate number (i just put in the number I was porting over in that box)

Authorization name (keep in mind, this isn't necessarily your name. I was in a family plan under my older brother's name. His name had to go here)

PhoneSeeker

I put in my Wind account number and Wind pin number. 

Definitely put in the account number, that would probably be the best thing to do.

Need Help? Let's chat.