cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Community Forum Layout

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I logged into the community forum on my phone this morning and saw something completely different.  I thought my browser was broken because things were not where I was used to seeing them.  Selecting desktop site didn't do anything different.  Seeing it for the first time on a desktop computer, I sort of like what I see.  Having stickies to keep important posts at the top is a great step in the right direction.  The site is definitely more computer friendly than mobile device friendly.  It will take some time to learn of all the changes.  It would be interesting to hear of everyone's first impressions.  Let's discuss.

36 REPLIES 36

We are creatures of habits..... and then you go an turn our world upside down.... lol

We'll all get use to this new setup.

dearmusic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Ahhh changes!! My only weakness!!! Stop changing!!!

Just kidding, it looks kind of refreshing, but I do think the old one was more familiar...

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

Right now the latest solutions sits right at the top.  Do you think that this would be a better replacement in the same location? 

Actually, yes, that might be better to have latest topics there instead of latest solutions.  Solutions mean that that particular topic has less urgency due to being "solved."  Perhaps the more urgent "unresolved" topics would be better off at the top.  However, I see there is some space just below the Featured Topics section (in the desktop version), where they could easily insert at least a link to Latest Topics, if not a brief preview of the section. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I just added a suggestion in labs to use a pop up menu with hot links to supply access to the various forums instead of having them at the bottom of the web page.  This should improve visibility and enhance navigation.  Now, I hope the flood of suggestions is not taken in a negative way.  PM is proably going to think we just roll out an improved forum layout and all the armchair quarterbacks are flooding the labs forum with a ton of suggested revisions. 

@SDO8 wrote:

There is one feature now missing that I'd like to have reinstated:  the page of latest topics (not just latest posts)

I've submitted an idea in the Public Lab about this:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/New-community-design-should-include-link-to...

Right now the latest solutions sits right at the top.  Do you think that this would be a better replacement in the same location? 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

There is one feature now missing that I'd like to have reinstated:  the page of latest topics (not just latest posts)

I've submitted an idea in the Public Lab about this:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/New-community-design-should-include-link-to...

Need Help? Let's chat.