cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facts: Koodo transfer offer for PM 12GB $120/90

dhuang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm not affiliated with PM or Koodo, just another PM customer caught in this PM 12GB $120/90 rate increase.

This information really should be coming from a PM announcement, but I hope it'll answer some questions for many of you.

Please keep your opinions and negative comments out of this.  There are already plenty of other threads you can post in.

OfferOffer

1. Is the $100 credit split up into $25/month over 4 months?
    $100 credit is applied to your first bill.  Unused credits carry over until used up.
  2. Do I only get unlimited canada-wide calling between 5pm and 8am?
    Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes means anytimeMore info below.
  3. What do I need to redeem?
    1. Show the text message with the promo code you received at a Koodo kiosk
    2. Port in the phone number associated to the PM offer.
    3. Credit check (unverified)
  4. Do I have to open a tab?
    I don't think so.  This was not mentioned when I asked what was needed to redeem, but I did not ask explicitly.
  5. Can I post date my activation until after my PM term is over?
    They will not let you post date activation of a Koodo account beyond the current offer expiry date of March 15.  This means you can't activate your Koodo account after your PM term expires.  Many of us just renewed until April, myself included.
  6. What guarantee do I have Koodo won't raise the rate?
    The short answer is none. 
    The Koodo representative explained to me that written in their terms, they would not change my plan without my concent.
    My opinion: I have very little faith in this statement as it could be argued that the plan isn't changing, just the rate.  And these big companies usually include a clause stating terms and conditions can be changed.
  7. Do I have to buy a Koodo sim card?
    Yes, it's $15 (plus tax I would assume).  They wouldn't wave it for me when I asked.

Nitty GrittyNitty Gritty

1. The Nitty Gritty section says I only get unlimited calling from 5pm to 8am?
    These are a combined list of footnotes for all the plans on this page, only 1, 2 and 6 apply to this offer.  As far as I can tell, point 3 only applies to the $30 plan which is not relevant to the promo.  To understand which footnotes are relevant, look for the number at the end of each point in the Offer above.

Offer DetailsOffer Details

1. The Offer Details says I have to open a Tab?
    Unverified: This was never mentioned in my call with Koodo when I asked about how to redeem.  Nor did I explicitly ask about this point.  Some have stated they did not have to open a tab when they switched, but again I have not personally verified.

Update: A Tab is not required and have been confirmed by @MarieHelene_L Mod

You do not need a tab to redeem the offer

3 REPLIES 3

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@torontokriswrote:

If they made it optional with no pm increase I think more people would have voluntarily moved to Koodo (which is what they want)

True.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If they made it optional with no pm increase I think more people would have voluntarily moved to Koodo (which is what they want)

dhuang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Posted this earlier but it got blocked before the announcement from Dave_M

A letter from Dave on the infamous $40 for 4GB price change

Almost seems irrelevant now, but think it contains some good information for those thinking about taking up the offer.

Need Help? Let's chat.