cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to MMS service

YellowCap
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I know we can send text messagesl to number@msg.telus.com for email to SMS service.  Is there a similar service for email to mms so that it is good for longer text messages or messages with pictures?

11 REPLIES 11

Rabbi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@YellowCap @srlawren @zhadj030 @Samianauman phone number @mms.mb.telus.com 

YellowCap

@srlawrenI understood sms/mms isn't that important when other data based messaging systems are out there.  I still use sms/mms because I need to contact someone who doesn't have cellular data plan and wifi all the time but subscribes unlimited texting plan.  MMS uses cellular data connection but data plan isn't necessary.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@YellowCap I use Textra SMS and have definitely successfully received MMS messages through it.  In fact, as recently as a couple of days ago when a friend in Minnesotta [she used to live here] sent me some updated pics of her son. I'm not sure what the cause is but as I don't really have a need to receive images over MMS originated from email I probably won't bother trying to look into it further.  Mostly I was just doing it to see if I could help with your questoin, and even though I wasn't successful, I guess I indirectly did help you figure it out 🙂  So, cheers!  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

YellowCap

Interesting.  It worked well for me.  I did a number of tests with different picture formats (jpg and png) with different gmail clients (webmail and android client).  I could see the pictures at my android messages app.

From your screenshot, looks like your messaging client removed the media attachement.  What messaging app are you using?  Seems it isn't android messages.  Did you receive mms properly before?

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
That's the first time I learn about this

srlawren

@YellowCap glad that worked for you!  Oddly, I did the same test last night, with an image embedded in an email from my gmail account, and it came through like this, including a second message that the attachment had been removed:

Screenshot_20170512-120152.png

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

YellowCap

@srlawrenThanks.  That is it.  I sent a few tests with single or 2 pictures as attachment or embedded in gmail.  All worked.  In brief,

For SMS, xxxx@msg.telus.com

For MMS, xxxx@mms.telusmobility.com

srlawren

@YellowCap I found something online that said phonenumber@mms.telusmobility.com.  I sent myself a test message last night and included an image.  I received the message fine but the image was stripped, and it even noted that in the received message.  So, I'm not sure how you could successfully receive an image this way.

YellowCap

@srlawrenxxx@msg.telus.com is only for sms.  MMS is a different protocol and requires another gateway service, I bet.  For example, at AT&T, email to SMS is xxx@txt.att.net and that for MMS is xxx@mms.att.net.

http://www.wikihow.com/Email-to-a-Cell-Phone

srlawren

@YellowCap I just tried to send myself an email via my XXXXXXXXXX@msg.telus.com with an image inserted in the email, and all I got was the subject and the text part of the email when I received it on my phone.  So I guess images don't work this way.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
I have seen lots of option for mms to email like https://www.txtimpact.com/receivemms-to-email/

But haven't seen any option for email to mms lets see what other users say about it
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.