cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can't send txt messages

Hi All,

I recently switched to an Iphone 6S, everything works fine except I can't send out txt msgs...I can call out...receive calls and receive txt msgs, but, I can't send out txt msgs...I keep getting a failed sent msg..can anybody help me solve this issue??

Mayor / Maire

Re: Can't send txt messages

@rustynailzfrank wrote:

Hi All,

I recently switched to an Iphone 6S, everything works fine except I can't send out txt msgs...I can call out...receive calls and receive txt msgs, but, I can't send out txt msgs...I keep getting a failed sent msg..can anybody help me solve this issue??

Not being much of an Apple guy but perhaps you need to set the messaging program to SMS and not just iMessage.

Mayor / Maire

@rustynailzfrank wrote:

Hi All,

@rustynailzfrank  That sounds like a settings issue with your phone and/or text app. What type of phone do you use iPhone or Android. Make sure you've cleared the cache of your texting app. If you are using a third party app try using the phone's native text app.

I do have iMessage off...cos I know it has nothing to do with regular sms txt messaging...I know it has to be some kind of setting...but, not sure what it can be

Iphone 6S

Mayor / Maire

@rustynailzfrank wrote:

Hi All,

How about what plan are you on?

If the $10 plan then maybe you've used all the texts.

$15 plan...unlimited outgoing/incoming text msgs

Mayor / Maire

@rustynailzfrank wrote:

Iphone 6S

@rustynailzfrank  Yes, is getting late I missed that you mentioned it in your original post.

Do you have another phone to test with? In the past some customers reported that when switching phones texts started working on both phones.

If you don't have another phone put the iphone in airplane mode for about 15 minutes and try again.

I will try the airplane mode for 15 mins...do I turn off the airplane mode after the 15 mins?

Mayor / Maire

@rustynailzfrank wrote:

I will try the airplane mode for 15 mins...do I turn off the airplane mode after the 15 mins?

@rustynailzfrank  Yes, turn off airplane mode and once it connects back to public try sending a text.