cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I receive or use global text if I am out of Canada?

fboybcb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I am going to Asia soon and I know I cannot receive international calls since PM doesn't support roaming in Asia so I want to know if I am in Asia, can I receive texts and can I text? Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

Jamar_so_far
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Nice, will certainly give that a shot! Has anybody had success with fongo through a reliable vpn? Again, tried that while overseas in Portugal but couldn't get connection with wifi.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Hi jamar_so_far,

Try going into Fongo settings and click "Use Wifi Lock". This should fix your issue.

Jamar_so_far
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@mimmo have you had luck with Fongo on wifi? It wouldn't connect calls no matter how long I waited after dialing. Back on data and got instant connection.  Any tips/tricks? 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
How long are you going for? Enough time to buy a local sim?

What I do is
1 install fongo.com and forward my calls b4 I leave to fongo
2 install sms forwarding app on old phone put on sim on old phone and keep it plugged it. All sms recieved get sent to email
3) use fongo on wifi or buy local sim with data

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
It would be nice if PM offered roaming outside of Canada and the US. 🙂

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle
No, you will not be able to send or receive text in Asia as pm does not support roaming outside of NA.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Unfortunately, no.

PM's international texting means you will be able to send, and receive, texts anywhere in the world, but only while you are in Canada. If you are outside Canada, that would be considered roaming, and PM currently only has roaming plans available for the U.S.

Need Help? Let's chat.