cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling from Strange# or Advertising/Survey people

Bigmac
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi there,

I think this case would be common to most people here. But my PM# is new and I only share this number to my family and closest friend. Also I never used this number to register on any account...

But today I still got a call from +1-855-561-3603

I have no idea if PM has some program to block such commercial numbers? 

Do any other PM member have similar experience? I hope we can help PM to improve their UX.Man Tongue

Thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7

Bigmac

@imm1304 wrote:

Hey @Bigmac,  My number with PM is also new and not shared anywhere.

6 weeks ago, I had a string of such calls, "Cogratulations! You have won...."  etc

I kept ignoring the calls and they kept calling.  Then I called back the number they were calling from and chose the option to be removed from their call list.  Haven't got any more calls from them since then.

Edit:  Also, my phone has the feature to block numbers.. I do that too but the buggers often call from different numbers.. its a whackamole game then.  😄

Agree, they changed # very often... Sometimes they even knew my name and some personal info by new number. I have no idea how they know these personal info. 

Bigmac

@Luddite wrote:

Most phones a have "block This Caller" function, though abviously only prevents repeat callers. My list is now about 30 numbers! Smiley Very Happy

Yup, my list is even more than 50# in my old phone. They are very anoying and they changed # often. 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @Bigmac,  My number with PM is also new and not shared anywhere.

6 weeks ago, I had a string of such calls, "Cogratulations! You have won...."  etc

I kept ignoring the calls and they kept calling.  Then I called back the number they were calling from and chose the option to be removed from their call list.  Haven't got any more calls from them since then.

Edit:  Also, my phone has the feature to block numbers.. I do that too but the buggers often call from different numbers.. its a whackamole game then.  😄

Most phones a have "block This Caller" function, though abviously only prevents repeat callers. My list is now about 30 numbers! Smiley Very Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Why not just use something like the Truecaller app on your phone if you're interested in such functionality. Again, PM being a barebones, no-frills carrier, should not implement this in my opinion. I don't think most people would like to pay for this functionality, either. Truecaller is (like a lot of other such apps) free to use.

Bigmac

I mean : what if we have this "Self-serve" function to identify the xxx number as "Survey/Fraud/..." that would help others to decide if to pick up this call and then block it by themselves.

I think sometimes these kind of calls have a list from some perticular sourse and call one by one. 

I have no idea from technology side if it could work. 

Just a thought... 

Mayor / Maire

Most phones can block calls from certain numbers in a blacklist. I don't know of any other mobile phone companies offering such a service, so I don't see why PM should, either.

Need Help? Let's chat.