cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 day plans - Either update them or dump them

colhaven
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey PM....start putting some value back into your 90 day plans or dump them. With your $40  30 day 4.5 gb plan, your $120  90 day 7.5 gb plan is insulting.  

On my first PM account I got the up front data bucket and a slight discount. Now I not only dont get the discount but the 90 day data buckets suck compared to the 30 day promo plans being frequently offered.

That's my opinion.....now let the counter arguments begin : )

17 REPLIES 17

The greatest advanage was the cost was cheaper per 30 days, on the 90 day plans.  That difference is now gone, and so is the cost difference for Province vs nation wide on the 30 day plans.

still thinking bout cancelling the future dated plan for 4,5.  I don’t use the extra data, nor do I use Canada wide calling.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If I could get the 4.5 GB plan for 90 days I would. However one advantage of the 30 day plans is that you don't have to wait as long to jump on on a promo plan if one pops up early in your cycle. For example, rather than wait 80 days you only have to wait 20 if you future date a plan 10 days into a cycle 

GC 

Psygineer

Honestly, I would be happy to lock into a longer period if there was still a reason to do so. You know what would be lovely for me is if the $25 Talk and Text plan was Canada-wide instead of Province-wide. Maybe they could do things like that for the 90 day perk. 

Example:

• 30 day Talk and Text (no data) = $25.
    • You get Province-wide only but are only commited for 30 days.
  • 90 day Talk and Text (no data) = $75
    • You get Canada-wide as a perk of the 90 day lock-in.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CalvinW, For the talk/text plans there is the slightly extended price security.  Price cannot go up for at least 90 days.  Another small thing is that there is only 1 renewal every 90 days, instead of 3.

Not enough for me to have stuck with a 90 day plan, but might still be good for a (very) few people.  That said, a bonus for 90 day talk/text plans would make them more appealing.

GreatCanadian

There are advantages to the 90 day plan. For example, 2 of my referred friends are on 90 day plans so they can hoard their data for when they go to their cabin for 3 weeks in July. It is a perfect plan for them.

GC

CalvinW

Only useful if you need data rollover. So it's really confusing why the 30 day and 90 day talk and text plans are the same price. There's really no incentive to pay in advance and have money tied up. It used to be 2 dollars cheaper per month if you select the 90 day plan

@bridonca wrote:

I think Public Mobile should double down and also offer 1 year plans. 

+1.  I had the Tbaytel service for a number of years for exactly this strength.  I can buy a bucket of data that had a one year expiry.  Actually the data can be converted to non expiring by simply renewing the account year after year. 

@stonechucker wrote:

I’m still debating bout cancelling my change to the $40 for 4,5 GB plan.  I love 90 days.

You dropped the 2016 fall promo for the 4.5GB LTE lite plan?  I thought you were not data challenged?  Why make the change when the flexibility of a 90 day expiry could be worth as much as 500 megs per month when variability of usage over a billing period is considered.  I would consider such a change if they offered a $40 6GB service.  It is my somewhat arbitrary benchmark as that is what was offered had I decided to go to Koodo.

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think Public Mobile should double down and also offer 1 year plans. 

I’m still debating bout cancelling my change to the $40 for 4,5 GB plan.  I love 90 days.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I agree with keeping 90 day plans in play.  I really like the idea extending the expiry period for data.  I agree that there would be uptake even if there wasn't a price reduction for renewing to the longer period as those who have had 90 day plans appreciate the flexibility it offers on data usage. 

@NDesai wrote:

Unfortunately, it all began when 3G speed was introduced. And the idea of 3G was brought up by users complaining about LTE throttling a while back. 

Really?  Wasn't 3G the product of competition and the need to provide a similar product.  Think Chatr.

smp99

If they offered some of the recent promos for 90 days, even with no discount, I would not hesitate to jump from my fall 2016 promo. I still may jump but that is the only thing holding me back. 

I dont understand why not. They get their money earlier and could potentially keep more if people left for greener pastures. 

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Promotions aside, I do like having the longer 90 day cycles. It gives me the illusion of more data since, if need be, I can use more data at once. 

SIM-phony
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I used to be on a 90-day until they changed the pricing around so it became irrelevant as to which you were on besides the upfront data. (There was no decent promotions at the time)

I liked being able to ration out my data on my end and get a discount for it, but I swapped to the 30-day promotion for the data.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Unfortunately, it all began when 3G speed was introduced. And the idea of 3G was brought up by users complaining about LTE throttling a while back. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@colhaven wrote:

Hey PM....start putting some value back into your 90 day plans or dump them. With your $40  30 day 4.5 gb plan, your $120  90 day 7.5 gb plan is insulting.  

On my first PM account I got the up front data bucket and a slight discount. Now I not only dont get the discount but the 90 day data buckets suck compared to the 30 day promo plans being frequently offered.

That's my opinion.....now let the counter arguments begin : )

No need for an argument here, (EXCEPT FOR THE DUMP PART) please don't take away my 90day plan. If you don't like the 90 day plan, switch to a 30 day plan. No need to ensure no one else can have it.

Since I have a 90 day plan, I REALLY like this idea. 90 day plans need some love too... especially during big promotions instead of being completely ignored.

Need Help? Let's chat.