cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Update and APN settings

Val_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The steps outlined below, to change the APN settings remain the same.  Once the APN settings have been completed customers will notice a slight delay accessing services whenever they perform  a power cycle, SIM swap, toggle between airplane mode, or when turning LTE on/off.  Customers may experience a 30-60 second delay accessing voice and data services on HSPA, and up to a 12 minute delay accessing LTE data service.  During the 30 second delay your device will display “No Service” in the signal banner area.

We recognize that there are still some issues, and will continue to work on improving the experience for our iPhone customers.

To access data, follow these instructions to change your APN settings:

1. Insert your Public Mobile SIM card into your unlocked iPhone. 
2. Tap “Settings”
3. Tap “Cellular”
4. Tap “Cellular Data Network”
5. Change your APN values to match the table below:

*Only update the fields that are circled. Leave every other field empty

iPhoneMMS.png

Good News: iMessage and FaceTime should work on all the plans which include Data and SMS feature

290 REPLIES 290

hj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can use my data, call, text without changing any settings of my iphone5s.

Before I use PM I used TELUS. Do I need to change my setting as shown in this post?

@jolynta What model iPhone do you have?

Are you sure the post from Wind has completed? To test this, put the Wind SIM back in the phone and see if you have service. If you do, the port is hung up.

Can you make & receive calls with the PM SIM installed?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Are you sure your phone is unlocked?

Rockdaddy22
What kind of phone are you using?

jolynta

hI I GOT PORTED TO PM YESTERDAY.  but my data settings wont stay the same even when i reset them they go back to the wind one.  can someone please contact me?

@pmg55300 wrote:

Thanks McLaren,

Yes I bought this I-phone 4 and see the last user went to 7.1.2.........You are correct The phone will not work properly. I had no clue about all this.

Excuse me, but do you have a moment to talk about our lawd and saviour, Android of Google?

pmg55300
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks McLaren,

Yes I bought this I-phone 4 and see the last user went to 7.1.2.........You are correct The phone will not work properly. I had no clue about all this.

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I had an iPhone 4 once.  Once it upgraded to ios7 it became unusable.  Too bad there's no easy way to downgrade back to ios 6

@pmg55300 You will get better service in future by starting a new thread rather than adding to an old one.

iPhone 4 APN settings cannot be updated manually. You will need to connect to wifi, access APN iPhone 4 with Safari, then follow the directions there.

Let us know how you make out.

Good luck.

pmg55300

Well I have the same problem. Iphone 4 yes just 4, ios 7

When I go to Settings - Cellular - Cellular data network I can see only Personal Hotspot with APN field, Username and Passsword. And Reset Settings option - that's it, nothing more.

I could spend half a lifetime guessing where the answer is. If the answer is straight out the I phone 4 cannot use data and there is no possible solution on earth please tell me. I do not get all the choices where I see APN opens up into a column of entries. My phone does exactlty what Garvin said.

Pmg

Rockdaddy22
I have an iPhone 6S and I've never heard of this 12 minute thing.

crazyfrog
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I dont have any issues having LTE on the iphone 6. Frankly i dont get what the 12 min delay is all about.

This seems to be a very rare occurance. I stand to be corrected

cottonwood

Does the 12 min LTE data delay occur any time you want to access data or just after a reboot?

And does anyone have experience with the iphone 6 or 6s?

Rockdaddy22
I use an iPhone 6S on PM and it works great 🙂

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @chaowaten,

Are you having an issue with your data or your voice/texts?

Kalla

@chaowaten In future, you will have better help if you begin a new thread when you have issues rather than adding to an old one.

iPhones will work on Public Mobile if they are unlocked or were purchased from Telus/Koodo. If you bought your phone from Fido you must get it unlocked.

If you have a new SIM card from PM go here to activate it: Activate SIM Card

If you do not have one, go here to order one: Get SIM Card

Good luck.

chaowaten
So pls. If it works, pls. Activate my SIM card now because I don't have anything to use, I finished my contract from fido, and I would like to comeback to your company

chaowaten
My iPhone is 6s, it will work madam/sir,thank you so much

Terri_D
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@MelissaRainbows Good Morning,

Yes you are on the LTE network though is that the information that you are looking for?

Thank you

Teri

Rockdaddy22
Yes, looks like you have Public Mobile LTE 🙂

MelissaRainbows

IMG_5628.jpg

so this is me on LTE (?) which is public mobile data ?

imm1304

You're welcome! .  Feel free to ask if any more questions. You will start enjoying LTE speeds very soon.  

MelissaRainbows

Cool 🙂 YES, I've also called APPLE to help me with other (iPad) stuff so this is very helpful - I am so thankful to people like you who HELP ppl like meeee!!Cat Tongue

Rockdaddy22
You'll be so much happier with iOS 9, LTE is working great on my grandmas 5s

imm1304

You can leave it plugged into iMac.. as long as it is being charged, its fine.. this is just as an insurance so that the phone doesnt run out of battery while updating.  

MelissaRainbows

Can I leave it plugged into my iMac or should I switch it to just the wall plug in charger?

imm1304

Sure, you are already on Wifi so thats first step.  Next, plug it into charger.  Then go to Settings > General > Software update and take it from there.. follow on-screen instructions, accept terms and conditions and then just wait.

MelissaRainbows

Could you help me Update my phone to the latest OS? Where do I start?

imm1304

Hi @MelissaRainbows, yes you should update to the newest iOS.  It will open up the APN settings more. 

MelissaRainbows

yes, the 'Enable LTE' toggle is in the ON position

Need Help? Let's chat.