cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Public Mobile

We need your feedback: How do we make 90-day plans easier to understand?

Hey Community,

When we announced that we would be closing down our Public Lab, we also committed to collecting your feedback and ideas in more actionable ways. Below is one example of how we plan to do just that.

Some feedback we’ve been regularly hearing is that new customers are having a difficult time understanding our 90-day plans. I recently witnessed this confusion firsthand, when a family member joined Public Mobile. She asked questions like: What is a 90-day plan? And, if I get a 90-day plan, how does the payment work? Do I pay every 30 days for a 90 day period or do I pay for the full 90 days upfront? Being the only carrier in Canada who provides 90-day plans, it is not surprising that this is the response, and we recognize that offering a plan for this length of time is unfamiliar for most. That is why, from now until April 20th, we want to work with you to see how we can make it easier for everyone to understand.

Today, we communicate the 90-day total within the plan calculators on our plans page, activation portal and Self-Serve. The total is displayed as follows:

Current 90 day ribbon EN.png

We are looking to update this view in order to address the confusion some customers are experiencing when they purchase a 90-day plan.

Here’s how it will work

Below, you will you find several design and copy ideas that we’ve come up with. There are 4 versions, so please make sure to pay close attention to which variant you like.

1. Vote below on the option you like the most by clicking on the ‘Bravo’ icon
  2. If you don’t like any of the proposed options, or have a different idea, create your own design and post it as a reply to this thread. Here are a couple of pointers when doing so:
    • Be sure to take the lens of someone who has never heard of Public Mobile before and is hearing about our 90-day plans for the first time
    • Get support for your option from the Community by sharing why you think your design and copy would be easier for others to understand

After April 20th, we will review the submissions, with particular focus on the most Bravo’d options. While we will be closely looking at the designs which have the most Bravo’s, we will also take into consideration other factors, such as how design elements impact timelines, when making the selection. We may also find that a combination of the options is best, and decide to pull them together for the ultimate customer-friendly design. From there, we will make the big reveal!

We are looking forward to seeing all the creative ideas, and hearing your thoughts!

-Public Mobile Community Team

Public Mobile

Re: We need your feedback: How do we make 90-day plans easier to understand?

OPTION 1

Public Mobile - 90-Day Subtotal Banner_DESIGN_v3-option1_Mar7-01.png

Public Mobile

OPTION 2

Public Mobile - 90-Day Subtotal Banner_DESIGN_v3-option2_Mar7-01.png

Public Mobile

OPTION 3

Public Mobile - 90-Day Subtotal Banner_DESIGN_v3-option3_Mar7-01.png

Public Mobile

OPTION 4 

Public Mobile - 90-Day Subtotal Banner_DESIGN_v3-option4_Mar7-01.png

Mayor / Maire

I like #3 the best

It is odd how other prepay carriers can have 60 or 365 day expiry dates and everyone "gets it" but the 90 day plans cause so much confusion

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Option 3 or 4 look good 

Tags (1)
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I like #3 personally, even better would be if the left text said, "Your 90-day subtotal, due now and every 90 days" just so it's super-clear. And even bigger text so it stands out more from the right-side text (which is what everyone seems to fixate on).

Oracle

@Brooke_C, thanks for bringing this to the community in this format!!  I think the voting is a great idea and will allow for the community to have a voice.  I think this direction with presenting your ideas you are working on and putting out to us is better then the Public Lab.  it is nice to get new ideas in but if they aren't an issue you would work on there is no point for that.

Now if you could add a voting poll so that people can only vote once and not bravo multiple posts.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Oracle

Some more basic suggestions:

a) stop advertising $xxx for 30 thirty days*  (* when purchasing 90 day plan)

b) move to 1 month and 3 month plans

a) is the most critical source of the confusion. IMHO Let people figure out for themselves the 30 day cost.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.