Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors - March 2018

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

PUBLICMOBILE_TopContributorBanners_v1-MAR_DESIGN_V3_Jan8.png

Hello Community,

We would like to thank everyone for the great conversations and for encouraging fellow members to seek support and answers on the Community.

Special thanks to the Community members listed below for supporting other Community members with their questions, providing detailed answers and building on the solutions provided by others.

A huge thank you to our Oracles, our Top 0.1%, who go above and beyond by not only starting healthy discussions, but also help others to better understand our services and contribute to our awesome Community on a daily basis.

December 2017 Top 0.1%.png

We would like to tip our hats to these awesome folks below for their efforts on a daily basis.  The efforts of the Top 0.5% are truly amazing!

March 2018 Top 0.5%.png

We also want to give a shout-out to the following  members who have been active on the Community as well...   Keep it up!

@kav2001c, @Civic_E, @Wonder_why, @stonechucker, @torontokris, @MEU_21, @twest666, @Someone_here, @Acekiller, @closng, @SD08, @Lg85, @MoreYummy, @LEGO and many more….

Once again, congratulations to all our contributors for March! A monthly badge for your contribution level has been added to your Community profile.  A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date.

Contributor Levels.png

Want to learn more about how to be a top contributor? Getting started is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas.  And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

Bravo Icon.png

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper.

Accept as Solution Icon.png

To learn more about how the Community works, visit our Community wiki.

39 REPLIES 39

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@matbasm thank you

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@brent_liza, Good to have you here.

brent_liza

Congrats to everyone. It's like a company owned by the members. PM is the only company that gives money back for assisting them 🙂 keep up the good work and am glad to have joined pm.

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Congrats to all top contributors and keep up the good work!

danielj

Congratulations and thank you to all contributors. Together lets keep helping Public Mobile get better.

@Jonavin wrote:

Congrats to everyone. Top 25% is only 68 people this month? Pretty big drop off.

Maybe it's a logarithmic calculation where the top % is actually assessed along an exponential curve, lol, the differences between 5% and 25% and 50% might represent many more than ~68 people.

Although it's true that the vast majority of PM subscribers don't participate (much, or at all) in this PM Community ... at least not until they need questions answered or problems fixed or an audience to witness their rants/frustrations.

Jonavin

Congrats to everyone. Top 25% is only 68 people this month? Pretty big drop off.

Congrats for the fun recently. Smiley Happy

@Someone_here Yea, its very strange! Smiley Happy

Good job everyone 🙂

(wow, top 5% only 14 people! What happened this month?)

@stonechucker wrote:

Community can be digital 🙂 

Don't say that around @Luddite ... lol, he's an "analogue" kinda guy.

I generally prefer analog/linear stuff, too ... but, well, I'll admit that analog cellphones aren't something I'd wanna haul around in my pocket.

crtowns
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks @Brooke_C! Congrats everyone! 

@Acekiller nobody knows Public likes to keep it a mystery (or a bug they can't fix haha Cat LOL )

But again it proves that raw numbers do not equate to badge since again lists do not align as expected

Congrats to everyone as always Cat Wink

@Acekiller wrote:

perhaps it had been mentioned before, but how come there are 7 people for 0.1 % but only 8 people for 0.5%? How does the math work?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite wrote:

@jp2 wrote:

Even so it doesn't work there should be 5 times more people in 0.5% category than 0.1%.

0.1%/6 = 6000 community members

6000x0.5% = 30 people

The top 0.1% is for 12 months, 0.5% for just the last month. This is, at least, part of the discrepancy.

Regarding the 6000 community members, those that are not linked to an account that is rewards eligible should not be counted.  If they were, and all of the top contributors were on legacy plans, no one would actually get any rewards.  (I hope that makes sense)

jp2

I think it would be better if they just refered to Oracles as the top contributor instead of 0.1% because there isn't a set number of Oracles. 

Wonder_why

Congratulations to all, I am on lists too  😃😄🤗

@jp2 wrote:

ShawnC13 so the 0.1% is not actually 0.1% it is just the Oracles? 

We have asked (months ago Robot Frustrated) that this be clarified. Think of it as one additional PM quirk.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@jp2 wrote:

Even so it doesn't work there should be 5 times more people in 0.5% category than 0.1%.

6000x0.5% = 30 people

The top 0.1% is for 12 months, 0.5% for just the last month. This is, at least, part of the discrepancy.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

closng

As always, congratulations and thanks to all who contributed to the community to provide support to members in need!

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@jp2 wrote:

@ShawnC13 so the 0.1% is not actually 0.1% it is just the Oracles? 

It is based on last 12 months.  Here is a good thread to read more about it 

Speaking of which...

I believe this Meet the Oracles post needs to be updated to add @ShawnC13 and @will13am.

@jp2 wrote:

It is based on last 12 months.  Here is a good thread to read more about it 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

jp2

Ok that explains it 0.1% is calculated on an entire year of usage but 0.5% is calculated on only the months usage. Thanks @SD08

SD08

@jp2 wrote:

That's correct.  The 0.1% is reserved for Oracles, so only they can earn the $10 reward.

jp2

@jp2 wrote:

6000x0.5% = 30 people

Oracles group is a set number.  The rest is calculated on the activilty level of the forum not the total number of community member.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

matbasm

Congratulations to everyone - old and new, who has contributed to this great community. Keep up the excellent work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations everyone. Keep up the great work. Things are finally quieting down a bit. Special thanks to the Oracles (past and present) for their continued great work.

As always, thanks for everyone's help around here and for the interesting discussions.  Welcome to all new members and it's nice to see many of the long-time members have remained even after some agressive Koodo migration offers.

shartomjam

Congrats everyone! Another good month.

jp2

6000x0.5% = 30 people

SD08

Congratulations to all contributors. Keep up the good work everyone.

Thanks as always to the moderators for their great efforts.

I'm glad to still be with Public Mobile.  Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.