Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

@Rogan 

If you go to the first page of this thread and read the terms and conditions of the promotion, it's all there. Simple

Rogan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How long do they give you the extra free data for ?

Rogan

no text yet. thanks

Minuteman82

Ya i got one text from them already i replyed back yes.. but nothing happened 

@sunflowergarden 

What part don't you understand about the terms and conditions of the holiday promotions? Other than the issue of not all customers automatically receiving their holiday gifts after replying YES everything else is working as planned and promoted.

sunflowergarden

Could not agree more, why make it more difficult for everyone. Just add to every account and then send a thank you message/email/text, thanking you for your loyalty.

Promote ahead of time, just take out all the leg work 

As to other bonuses not being added and paid well, no words can describe how that damages both the refering customer and new customer in terms of creditbility and professionalism. 

Come on Public Mobile you can do better than this.

@Brwilson 

Perhaps you should go to the first post of this thread and read the full terms and conditions of the offer so you fully understand how it works.

@Brwilson 

The person you refer gets a $10 bonus referral credit. It can take up to 72 hours to be credited to the account. The referrer gets the one time $30 bonus referral credit. It will be applied starting in January upon renewal paid out in $5 increments for 6 months as long as you maintain an active account.

Brwilson

Here's a thought.

If Public had simply added the free data and minutes to all entitled accounts, they wouldn't be in the mess they are now. 

It would have been much less of a problem dealing with a few customers, if any who didn't want the freebies.

It isn't just the free gifts that are a problem, the 30 dollar referral bonus not being paid as well.

I referred a new customer who activated their account yesterday and they have not received the gift bonus either.

It's embarrassing to refer someone and then not have Public follow through. 

@oluchiagwanihu1 

Reboot your phone. Wait 10 minutes and call someone you call a lot. It should connect. Then dial the number you are trying to call. This is a glitch not related to the add on. It can occur a few times as a newer customer but will eventually peter off.

@Minuteman82 wrote:

Am i getting the holiday gift? Of 500 minutes, 2gb of data???

@Minuteman82 

Public Mobile is sending out texts until December 15th so wait for it, it should come.

"One-time $0 2GB data add-on and one-time $0 500 minutes International Long Distance calling add-on are available to be added by all new and existing Public Mobile customers during December 1st 2021 9:00AM ET and December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET.

New customers will have add-ons automatically added to their accounts within 1 week of activation.

Existing customers will receive a SMS between December 1-15. Reply to receive add on automatically loaded to account."

@Minuteman82 

Yes,  you will.

As long as you are a public mobile customer, and you respond "yes" to the SMS text offering you the gifts.

@Minuteman82 wrote:

@Minuteman82 

You will, if your account is active. 

Wait for the text message PM will send and reply YES. The gifts will be added to your account automatically (could have some delay).

oluchiagwanihu1

Hello,

Tge award shows in my account but when I try to call outside Canada, it says that I do not have available minutes. I do not know why

Minuteman82

Ok thanks

@Minuteman82 

Yep...you, me and half of public mobile! Check back in on the 8th and the 14th for updates and worse case scenario you can contact customer support between December 15th and the 31st to have them added manually.

Minuteman82

Minuteman82

Hi!!! I replyed back yes got nothing????

@Anonymous 

I finally found my A320 wedged between the wall and the back of bedside table on the other side of the bed! Charged it to 100%. Rebooted and the very first message to come thru was the pm holiday gift offer from 4911. I replied YES and crickets......

As of yet none of my referrals has reported getting the confirmation text, the holiday gifts added to their accounts and in a few cases have yet to recieve the text itself.

Rogido

I got the text for both of my accounts.  It's been about 5 days since I replied "YES", and my accounts have not been updated yet, so you may have to wait a bit longer.  

J3n
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That's great,can't wait to get my text! Merry Christmas!

pinky

Thanks for the replies. So i guess it's a waiting game for now. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinky : You just have to be patient. There's a chance a manual method may show up in the next couple days. Or wait until after the 15th to ask nicely.

hawkgt

One YES worked for me.I would say wait a day or two and if it still dosen't show in your account then I would contact a CS,Seems that it isn't always instantaneous

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@pinky wrote:

Do i have to send "YES" multiples times before i can receive the rewards? It has been more than 24 hours now since i received the text, no confirmation and bonus n my account yet.    

Have a look at the update post on the first page of this thread. They are still trying to figure this out.

pinky

Do i have to send "YES" multiples times before i can receive the rewards? It has been more than 24 hours now since i received the text, no confirmation and bonus n my account yet.    

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

Notice  thread  update?

90C0759B-A83F-45AF-BD47-9339CAFB2CC0.png

I was already fully aware of the update.  That's why I'm asking about the information being provided by CSAs that contradicts this.

@Triciagreen222 wrote:

Thanks I appreciate your quick reply. I'm not on the $15 plan. It's been since Saturday morning that I got the text, which stated it would be applied instantly to my account.

I'm more interested in international LD minutes as I've got a couple of friends down south that I usually only FaceTime with. 🙂 I have submitted a ticket - I'm sure it's something simple and it may even turn up tomorrow.

The More is Merrier 2021 campaign is off to a rocky start....as you have found out. Sounds like it could possibly be a couple weeks before the gifts are added to our accounts.

If you have access to wifi...consider downloading free voip app like TextNow. Using wifi, you'd be able to call / text for free to most any US or Cdn number. I've used it for trips outside of Canada (pre-covid) and I'm impressed with how good it works.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lowufo Usually it should be added to your accounts within 48 hours to a week.

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

All of my accounts are the $15 plan three have gotten the text but no gift yet one has not got the text.

Need Help? Let's chat.