cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming support enhancements: We're looking for testers!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

We’re excited to let you know that the next big customer support enhancement is on its way! Using support forms and ticketing, we’re looking to make the way in which you reach out to Moderators clearer and easier in order to deliver a quicker resolution time to you. We’re happy to say we’ve been busy working away on a solution for you! 

At this point, we’d love to gather feedback from you, our amazing customers, before we put the finishing touches. To that end, we’re looking to get help from some of you-

Details on how to be a tester:

• We are looking for 10 Public Mobile customers to try out our new support forms and ticketing system and let us know what you don’t like and what you love.
  • Testing will be held the week of July 8 to 12 and the time commitment is only 30 minutes. Perfect during a lunch break, right?
  • Testing will be done online via join.me web conferencing meaning anyone across Canada can get involved.
  • Testers must be able to speak English.
  • Feedback will be collected during the session.
  • Chosen candidates will be contacted exclusively via private messaging. 

What’s in it for you:

• Customers who participate will receive a 5 GB Data Add-On within 30 days of completion. 
  • Opportunity to work directly with the Public Mobile team to help improve our support for customers like you! 

Sign up before July 3rd, 2019 by completing this link. We will contact the selected 10 testers via Private Message.

We’re sorry we can’t connect with everyone who’s expressed interest - if you aren’t selected to be a tester, we’re more than happy to collect your feedback after launch as we look to continuously improve the tool. Thanks in advance for your help and we look forward to hearing from you soon,

-Public Mobile Community Team

50 REPLIES 50

Felixbthe1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Agreed and Simon the chat bot is useless!

Felixbthe1

Lol, too funny

Felixbthe1

I am a public customer and very interested, thanks

@plantmom wrote:

Thats a great reward if we get picked! and a great way to help out the community.

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Loving the enthusiasm, just over 12 hours remaining to sign up. If you didn't do it yet, please consider doing so! Smiley Happy

Here's hoping the form requires you log into your self serve account and is not a private message as the current system is

The double verification just wastes everyones time

(actually I can still remember when no verification was required at all but that was a massive security risk as well)

@chelsealzl wrote:

Sounds like a good idea to have a standardized form rather than messaging back and forth for info verification which takes way longer time. Hope it'll work well!

I assume that the support enhancements are on the moderator side, not here on the community. There must be a better way than the verification step currently required.  Besides slowing the entire process down it seems to me that it wastes moderator time so it is costing PM money. Look forward to see the improvements!

Terry

Zeke
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The community rewards system works well the way it is. I agree with you about the replies. But after a few searches it’s easy to see the names of people who constantly post cut and paste “contact moderator” replies. It’s easy to see who’s truly helping and those faking it just for credit. Once you get to know their names, I just ignore all their replies. Simple.

Zeke

I like the system you have now. Pay less for less service. That’s why I chose PM. There’s zero BS. I also like PM’s feel of the  company in its marketing. It’s basically like, “don’t  like it? don’t care, move on”. I like that. As for a que or ticket system, sounds expensive. I’d rather see less effort, less service, lower pricing. I’d prefer you do nothing which means you spend nothing. Customers are the ones who pay your bills. The same thing goes for kiosks. We are paying for those to. Keep the moderator system the way it is.

duferdous

Great! I am in.

SIM-phony
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Well it's a step in the right direction at least. Honestly I think the whole support system needs a redo, the community rewards encourage like 30 people to jump on a thread the second it opens, it becomes difficult for those of us who don't babysit the site 24/7 to contribute.

jclaydon2018

@bridonca 

OMG i nearly choked to death from inhaling my drink by accident when i read your comment.. I'm fine now tho

I too am an expert in murphy's law.

Recently in an attempt to get my fire tv to support US alexa skills, i spent the better part of 12 hours trying to put it back because my efforts royally screwed EVERYTHING up  *lol*

thanks for the good laugh

-James

Roger3

Continuous process improvement is path to success. Good job Public Mobile.

chelsealzl

Sounds like a good idea to have a standardized form rather than messaging back and forth for info verification which takes way longer time. Hope it'll work well!

plantmom
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thats a great reward if we get picked! and a great way to help out the community.

selva1

We have lot of great members with lot of suggestions, and they all will be able to help and make a good product. Good idea Public Mobile!

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K wrote:

5 GB Data Add-On 

How about along with the 200mb and 1gb add on in self serve you add an 5gb add on for us to purchase 😉 

1 request:

Open Ticketing

Its always been a pet peeve of mine how same request needs to be re-submitted every 3 months

If Public knows its an issue it should not require so much work, both by the clients and by the Moderators who need to always re-validate account and resend same request to offline team

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Timely but It was Smiley Happy
Image result for long over due

bridonca

Count me in.  I am good at breaking things!  😄

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really...all the system needs is some kind of auto-reply back to simply acknowledge receipt of a request. Dumping into some unknown black hole of a request queue leaves the customer wondering where they stand.

Fancier still would be a queue number. You are #14... in that reply.

It should definitely remain first come first served.

Need Help? Let's chat.