Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,503 REPLIES 5,503

Joe_Crushy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I understand where you're coming.

We all just want the best dollar/dollar plan that's available.

Cheers 🥂

Public_Cust_17
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@public_999  Do you still have services with Freedom? I'm curious what your impressions of them are as they are one of the options I am considering.  Thanks 🙂

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It will be more telling come May when everyones bill actually increases. Also, if PM doesn’t announce any revisions to their plans (or at the very least explain what future “enhancements” they have in mind) it will settle the matter once and for all that they have no intention to continue on as an ethical business. We might see an exodus then.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@eyes wrote:

a good PM feature to be considered is that one can let the payment lapse for up to 90 days and still retain the account. 
My wife is on the $15 legacy plan and has absolutely no idea that I only renew her account every 70 days or so because she texts , googles, shops all on Wifi.  That sort off begs the question if she actually needs a plan. 

@eyes I can assure you that the day you cancel her plan is the day she will actually try to use it lol

@Joe_Crushy wrote:

I guess the only way to save now is to stay active on this forum.

Correct, Also Freedom offers the same $34-50gb US/Can with just looking for couple minutes. 

@Joe_Crushy I don't need to stay active on the forum. I am happy with the price I am paying for what I am getting. It was better with them giving me money every month but even without that money the plan I am on cannot be beat. Freedom is not a native provider to the maritimes so I cannot port to them. I respect the fact that you are willing to bundle or change what you are getting here to leave. You made an all encompassing statement about their plans affordability and rewards and that that was the only reason that legacy customers were still here. I simply offered my example of why that doesn't work for me. Best of luck, hope you land somewhere better.

LeoV

I used to pay $22 a month with PM cause of my rewards on the $29 a month plan 20gb. I am not one to use all this data. I need no more than 2gb a month. Looking around when this fiasco started I stumbled on the Freedom pre paid plan of $149 a year for 30gb per year and unlimited call and text. The beauty with this plan is the wifi calling that PM does not offer. I now have no more dropped calls in my house. I can Travel anywhere and as long as I have internet I can text or call anyone here in Canada. Very helpful for my business.

Joe_Crushy

I guess the only way to save now is to stay active on this forum.

Correct, Also Freedom offers the same $34-50gb US/Can with just looking for couple minutes. 

@Joe_Crushy wrote:

There will be other plans to match just look around and bundle with other services. I will start looking.

@Joe_Crushy I have looked around. I have no interest in bundles or post paid plans. If I did I would not have come to PM in the first place. We need to compare apples to apples. Prepaid to prepaid. That's why I am here. No one can yet match what I have let alone beat it.

Joe_Crushy

There will be other plans to match just look around and bundle with other services. I will start looking.

@LeoV 

so you successfully ported your number to another provider?

may I ask what plan you were on with Public Mobile?

@Joe_Crushy wrote:

The plans will have to get more affordable for existing legacy points customers to stay with Public Mobile. The legacy points was the only perk keeping your customers.

@Joe_Crushy PM's prepaid plans (above the $15/$25 plans) are very competitive. As a matter of fact the $34/50GB Can-US plan I am on is unmatched at any other provider offering pre paid plans in the maritimes. The legacy monetary rewards were very nice but that's not the only reason I am still here.

Joe_Crushy

Very disappointed with this change, I have been a customer for over 5 years and convinced over 10 customers to change to Public Mobile, also the gift of 250gb won't affect many customers with the 50gb plan a month. The public points won't make up the difference. The plans will have to get more affordable for existing legacy points customers to stay with Public Mobile. The legacy points was the only perk keeping your customers.

Very disappointed. 

LeoV

I have. I am no longer a PM client.

My guess @mikasik2 , that’s a flat out no given they withdrew that in 2023.

mikasik2

Will we still get a holiday bonus at Christmas time?

Yes @Handy1 

But aren't you eagerly awaiting what surely will be huge enhancements being made to Public Points which will allow it to be so dearly embraced by all of us?

I know I'm on pins and needles.

😒

@Shan_Bhai  yes not only do you lose the $2 auto pay and $5 loyalty . The great and wonderful flexibility of this new and enhanced point program will. Cost you around $50-60 more a year with the added work of having to wait u til you have 15 points to Redeem $15 off your bill . Total slap in our faces 😞 . The whole situation stinks of GREED

@Shan_Bhai 

yes, they have gotten rid of the auto pay reward

its replacement is 5% of the value of your plan in points, mind you that only benefits those on $40+ plans so it’s still a setback for many

perhaps for those who are not on auto pay, and thus do not benefit from the auto pay reward, it allows them to receive benefits they may not have otherwise had

Shan_Bhai

The Icing on top of this move from PM is that you will also loose 2$ off auto-pay reward per month. This is what they refer as " more ways to save money" for customers.

JDBlue1966

You are right. I am preparing to leave. Only stayed because of the loyalty bonus. Would rather pay a bit extra and get better customer service. 

@ben20181 wrote:

Is the loyalty reward gone when moving to new system?

That's their intent. 

It'll be replaced with 10 points after 12 months service, or about $0.83 a month, vs as much as $5 a month for 5+ year customers on this service.

It's a huge setback for loyal customers.

Sorry @JDBlue1966 , you can assure me you're not ... what?   I'm unsure which point you're responding to, specifically.

If it's the one I made that folks are reacting by threatening to leave immediately, you wrote that if the changes are made, you are gone.   I think you're doing what most are doing, preparing to leave IF Public Mobile follows through and doesn't throw a huge carrot in the interim to reclaim the lost loyalty.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

+1 to all the disappointment, and then another +1 to some accounts only getting 5GB “bonus”

🪓😡🧨...no pitchfork and torch emoji, these will have to do...

mikasik2

I'm on legacy rewards

aj48
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Great , Pm is trying to save money but in turn will lose many customers since the rewards was the only thing keeping a lot of us here. I'll be looking for at other  mobile providers when these new rewards come out.

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I misspoke, sorry. I edited the comment to correct it.

@Wolfcore When was this amount uncapped for wide open growth?  I have been here from 2016 and it was 5 since then

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Matty1234

Welcome to the somehow superior yet financially more expensive points system. It makes sense if you put your shareholder hat on. 

Other providers are available and at a better price point after the retirement of the old system. 

ben20181
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That sucks, I have been with Public mobile 5 years. It is $5 off each month. Now it is becoming less than $1 per month.

@ben20181 wrote:

Is the loyalty reward gone when moving to new system?

It will be replaced with 10 pionts once per year.

Need Help? Let's chat.