Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,357 REPLIES 5,357

@Trixxstrr wrote:

I haven't got an email or text yet but what about the old Christmas data packs they gave that didn't expire? I still have a few leftover gigs on them.

@Trixxstrr 

That should remain the same.  The Christmas bonus will still be in your account.  However, hopefully, the "bonus" data add on (with expiry date) will be used first before your older non expiry date data add ons. 

Trixxstrr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I haven't got an email or text yet but what about the old Christmas data packs they gave that didn't expire? I still have a few leftover gigs on them.

golffan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Of course they have "removed" the ability to convert a month of loyalty to a point, but their website still says the following:

publicmobilepoints.jpg

Slick66

Between two accounts, I have $3000 cash and receive 150 referral bucks each month because I worked hard for five years to sell their plans.

And this is the thanks I get?

Soon-ex-PM-user
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

most PM users are on 40 gb or more plan and they only use 10 gb monthly so what is the point of giving bonus of 240 gb. It is useless lol

dwh1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ShawnC13 @J_PM Agreed, this is a tone-deaf announcement and clearly has made many upset.  However, instead of reversing this and going back to having a legacy plan for people who have been here before 2022 and a lesser plan for newer people - why not consolidate into a plan that works for everyone?  

As just one example of what is possible, why not add the loyalty bonus to Public Points, and for legacy people, transfer their existing loyalty reward over?

AK32

And if you dont need extra data, you basically get nothing?

MitchSmith

I've been getting my $4 loyalty discount plus $7 off each month for all the people I referred. If I lose that I will switch to a different provider that day since there will be no reason to stick with Public Mobile. Those legacy rewards are the only reason I haven't switched. I know four of those seven people I referred will also be switching immediately if they lose their loyalty discount.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@J_PM  as this move was inevitable but to take away the converion of 1pt for every month the member was with PM is a bad move.  This option was still available as of Sunday March 3rd.  The bonus data is going to help very few people as many are now on larger data plans as they have upgraded based on still having that monthly credits coming into their accounts.  Not only that having the data expire for those that it does help is not a good thing.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

lucarniam

Absolutely bs. I will be looking for better plans elsewhere if this goes through. Obviously they don’t care, but will hold out hope until the change takes effect

Soon-ex-PM-user

from Redflagdeal thread https://forums.redflagdeals.com/public-mobile-retiring-their-old-rewards-program-may-2024-2679876/#p...

this is sux. Without the referrals, long term PM users is getting $7 off monthly or $84 annually.

in May 2024 is ($34 x 0.05 x 12) + $10 = $30.40 annually.

this is a reduction of $54. Time to shop around with other cell phone providers

Max1288

Are you serious public mobile? I have been with public mobile for at least 10 years on the old system. And from one day to the next you decide to transfer us to the new one without giving us a choice now? I brought several people here, and we're all going to leave if you don't come to your senses by then. It's really unfair. Were all going to be increased by several $

1Guy

So in the new rewards program you have to manually use your "reward points" to lower your bill? Instead of such points been applied to reduce your bill every month automatically?
If so, it's very annoying to do that monthly and you'll be forced to pay the full bill amount if you don't redeem your points...

dwh1

@Dunkman I agree with you on promo deals - they should be available for everyone.  No question - but there is a difference between being unhappy with a price increase caused by legacy rewards ending and thinking that legacy rewards people are being penalized by being treated the same as newer customers.  It would be more accurate to say newer customers were being penalized for not having shown up soon enough.

abtest

Hey PM, instead of the marketing ... this move will offer you more flexibility and new ways to earn and use your points, bringing a more rewarding experience to our subscribers. ' - why not just say it like it is.  You no longer want to (or can't afford to) reward long time customers with up to $5 off - for their loyalty.  There is nothing more flexible than cash back in my pocket, and there is no 'new way to earn' that comes anywhere close.

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@J_PM wrote:

Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program.

Thank you for the heads-up Public Mobile Team.

I'll be porting my subscription out shortly after the change. Once all my add-ons and Public Points™ are consumed, the moment I see a compelling promo somewhere else. Don't worry, I'll keep paying the absolute minimum required to keep my plans going until then.

Don't bother sending me any Koodo migration offers. I'm not interested in getting disappointed by Telus twice.

@dwh1 wrote:

@AK32 I'm sympathetic to those facing price increases - but how is it being "penalized" when you are being asked to pay the same as newer customers?

@dwh1 

Existing customers are not "allowed" to get new customer plans such as the $24 or $29 plans which are only available to new customers and activations. 

I think that these promo activation deals should be available to every customer. 

Samashin

Barely 2 months to let your loyal customers know they'll have to pay 5-7$ more each months. 
Just after a marketing push appealing to customers having low cost package. 
With a Temporary Bonus Data. 

Not a lot of great news if you're a loyal Public Mobile customer, eh. 

AveragePerson

They sent the amount in a text message.

johnym

they should at least let us get a new customer plan

AveragePerson

Yeah, they're giving us a bit of data that will expire as a thank you.

dwh1

@AK32 I'm sympathetic to those facing price increases - but how is it being "penalized" when you are being asked to pay the same as newer customers?

AK32

Thats a pretty big blow to the loyal customers who were on the old system, many will have to pay more per month now. Almost like you're being penalized for being a long time customer.

Hope PM is brining something positive to the table with this.

@hTideGnow 

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @zaptor99 

how much bonus data you got? i wonder if it is based on plan or length here

I don't know the exact details of the data bonuses, but I believe that it is based on the customer's price plan.  

AveragePerson

I use to post before the telus eversafe switch, but logged in now and it made me select a new username.

abtest

Hmmm...  So I'll be paying about 7$ more per month (5 yr loyalty + $2 for auto-pay). Wow!  that's a huge increase on my current $15 plan.   And no 'special' one time 'thank you' gift will make up for that!

Haiggy1

May as well cancel and resubscribe to get the exclusive plan offerings for new subscribers only, and a free eSIM to boot. This just further demonstrates how new subscribers are of higher value than long-term, loyal customers.

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @zaptor99 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

zaptor99

The bonus data will be applied by Mar 31, they don't say how much.  It's in the FAQ on the first post.

HI @zaptor99 

Need Help? Let's chat.