cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get a SIM + $20 bill credit when you activate a Talk + Text plan at Walmart!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update as of July 3, 2018: This offer will expire on July 4th, 2018. 

Updated as of June 29, 2018: This is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.

Hey Community, 

As a competitive response, effective today, we are offering a SIM card and a $20 account credit when you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at Walmart! Note that this is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.  

How to Get this Offer:

• $20 account credit: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at a Walmart location, you will get a $20 account credit!
    • Eligible customers will be credited within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next renewal date.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message when the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate on any 30 or 90-day plan at a Walmart location.
    • If you wish to pick up a SIM card in-store and activate at home, you will be asked to pay the regular retail price by the retailer.
    • SIM cards purchased online will be regular price ($10 each)

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team 

386 REPLIES 386

adil-5aar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

the promo is for sim cards and 20$ they didn't specify that one offre is expired (sim card) and the other one is still on..

PM should be clear in their message...

brew99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just went into WM (July 3rd around noon) to get the $20 credit and free SIM, but was informed that the offers ended June 30th, and there is nothing on their internal communications to say it has been extended.   I didn't find the service rep very helpful and she wasn't willing to look on PM site either.

Ended up paying for the SIM and signing onto a plan, but I would have just ordered online rather than driving into WM as I saved nothing.

pckku
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@MacMe, PM told me the free SIM ended June 30th. The $20 credit will end tomorrow.  Seems Ithe offer splits into two parts:  $20 credit for Talk and text plans, and Free sim card. They have different end dates !

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pckku wrote:

I received a reply from PM that indeed the $0 sim card has ended on June 30, 2018!!! And I am not eligible to receive the $10 rebate from Walmart on each of ny 2 sim cards (also activated at the store) that I bought today on July 3, 2018.

The first post has been updated:

This offer will expire on July 4th, 2018. 

pckku

I received a reply from PM that indeed the $0 sim card has ended on June 30, 2018!!! And I am not eligible to receive the $10 rebate from Walmart on each of ny 2 sim cards (also activated at the store) that I bought today on July 3, 2018.

I believe I acted normally according to the nessage posted by @Brooke_C on June 29, 2018 and just like everyone else, got the impression that the $0 sim promotion would not end on June 30, 2018.  Now I am aware of the free promotion $0 sim card was to end June 30, 2018. However, under normal circumstances, why all of a sudden, just two days before the schduled end date of June 30, PM made an announcement saying that it is a limited offer, one would think that the offer will be extended until further notice.  And then, without telling the Community, they kept the June 30 expirary date. To me, PM has not acted in a professional and a business-like manner.

In fact, I posted a message in the community last Friday, June 29, 2018 and the responses were ALL saying it will not end on June 30, 2018.  PM is constantly monitoring the community messages, why wouldn't they make a correction and say that in deed our assumption of promotion will extend past June 30, 2018 is wrong. I would have purchased the two sim cards before June 30, 2018 and get my free sim card. I am very disappointed at what is happening with PM.

CalvinW

I've been having problems at Walmart as well. I tried to get this promo but they couldn't help me. I also wanted to purchase a SIM card to help my sister get the $40 4.5GB plan, but they wouldn't sell it to me.

pckku

@Lambos, I did show him the Post using my phone. But Walmart salesporson said he could not waive (as there was no code he could use?). 

pckku

Thank you Mary.  I did ask on this post and was ensured the $0 sim card has extended. Please check:

Post by @Brooke_C:

Updated as of June 29, 2018: This is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.....

How to Get this Offer:

• $20 account credit: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at a Walmart location, you will get a $20 account credit!
    • Eligible customers will be credited within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next renewal date.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message when the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate on any 30 or 90-day plan at a Walmart location.
    • If you wish to pick up a SIM card in-store and activate at home, you will be asked to pay the regular retail price by the retailer.
    • SIM cards purchased online will be regular price ($10 each)

EdmondY

That statement would not be correct if the announcement said that it's now a limited time offer.  It didn't say which promotion is being extended or ending so people would assume both promotions, the $20 activation credit and the free SIM card, would continue.  While I'm not the customer who had this issue, I still hope this issue can be corrected the right way.

adil-5aar

@ Mary_M

are you sure that end date is end june ...

Updated as of June 29, 2018: This is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.

please confirme ..

thanks

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @pckku,

thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent trip to Wal-Mart! 

Regarding the 0$ SIM card promotion, this actually ended on June 30th which could explain why the rep could not waive the fee. However, depending on when you did buy the sim, we can look into that for you. Can you please send us a private message, including your phone number and a screenshot of the sim card purchase? 

Let's keep the conversation going,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Lambos
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I printed the ad before I went to Walmart; send the moderator a message; should be able to help you out

pckku
Sorry I have sent in duplicate posts due to my computer glitch,,,

pckku

I went to Walmart on Queesway in Etobicoke today, purchased two sim cards, and requested Walmart to activate both cards with a 30 Days $10 Talk and Text (50 minutes + 50 outgoing texts) plan. However, the salesperson said he could not waive the $10 sim card at the store after all is done.  I though the deal is sim card cost will be waived at Walmart when it is activated by them. 

Also, he does not know about the refer-a-friend feature.  Now, with two cards activated, I am only getting one text message that I have successfully referred a friend.  Should I be getting two referral credits for two different phone numbers?  

Please help! 

pckku

I went to Walmart on Queesway in Etobicoke today, purchased two sim cards, and requested Walmart to activate both cards with a 30 Days $10 Talk and Text (50 minutes + 50 outgoing texts) plan. However, the salesperson said he could not waive the $10 sim card at the store.  I though the deal is sim card cost will be waived at Walmart when it is activated by them. 

Also, he does not know about the refer-a-friend feature.  Now, with two cards activated, I am only getting one text message that I have successfully referred a friend.  Should I be getting two referral credits for two different phone numbers?  

Please help! 

EdmondY

Yay!!!   It's now extended to whenever and more people can take advantage of the offer!!!  I signed up under this offer for the $10 talk + text plan and I'm very happy that I got $20 + $10 referral bonus applied onto this account so other people will be as well.

It would also be great if they bring back the free month promo that they had a few weeks back that people with data plans can get as well.  Stacking with the current $40 4.5GB promo plan would be really amazing!

adil-5aar

i think its still on until further notice ...

check the update :

UPDATED: Get a SIM + $20 bill credit when you activate a Talk + Text plan at Walmart!  

@cecil89 wrote:

Is this promo still active?

No. Ended yesterday 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Geezer

It's unfortunate you chose the wrong plan for the rebate. I can help you with the voicemail.

If you go to your phone settings under forwarding you should see the voicemail number there. The system won't let you delete it but you can change it to something that goes nowhere. This prevents robocallers from using up your minutes, not that you have to worry about it with an unlimited plan.  Most of the voicemail numbers end in a 1 or a 2. I found that changing the 1 to a nine worked for me. I have explained this in a previous post here .

There are many plans here and you have to carefully read the details.

cecil89

Is this promo still active?

@ryanmi Try your old SIM. If it works just keep using it until the PM SIM is functional. Do not close your old account; that will happen automatically. Or if you have another phone, use your old SIM in it and carry on with two phones

If your port-in of a cell number has stalled more than 3 hours you will need moderator assistance. If so, send  a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation. Include the following info:

• PM SIM card number
  • Chatr account number, exactly as shown on your bill
  • Chatr phone number
  • the account holder's name, exactly as shown on your bill
  • an Alternate Phone Number; someone else’s, not your own

BTW: You posted to an old thread. In future you will have more assurance of help by creating your own topic on the forum, or sending a private message directly to the moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

MacMe

@Pakstar wrote:

Two days ago we got a new sim/new number on $45 talk+text 30 day plan from wallmart. They charged us $48+tax not $45+tax and so far have not recieved the $20 credit. Secondly, is there a way to turn off the voice mail? 

The $20 credit is only for talk and text plans.  Plans with data are unfortunately not eligible.

horemansus

Yes, i have had delays porting into PM.others have too.

If no results soon, send a message to the moderators here .You will normally get help within 24 hours

ryanmi

Hi guys,

I just port my number from Chatr to here in Walmart.

The procedue take a little bit long, according to them, there are some issues on Rogers porting server. Currently I'm on a temporary number, they said the porting may take 1-2 days to complete, and after that, the new public mobile card will have my cell number back. 

Just wondering is that normal? Thanks.

Pakstar

Two days ago we got a new sim/new number on $45 talk+text 30 day plan from wallmart. They charged us $48+tax not $45+tax and so far have not recieved the $20 credit. Secondly, is there a way to turn off the voice mail? 

retsina

@pckku wrote:

Please tell me the current offer of $0 Sim card, if purchased and activated by Walmart, is valid until further notice?  Also, does it mean any 30 or 90 days plans, including the 30 days $10 plan, are eligible for this $0 Sim card promotion?  Thank you.

Yes. For $0 SIM card, any 30 or 90 days plans will do if you activate at Walmart.

For $20 credit, you have to activate 30 or 90 days TALK/TEXT plan at Walmart.

pckku

Please tell me the current offer of $0 Sim card, if purchased and activated by Walmart, is valid until further notice?  Also, does it mean any 30 or 90 days plans, including the 30 days $10 plan, are eligible for this $0 Sim card promotion?  Thank you.

MacMe

@chiaki_05 wrote:

It's all good until you get a broken sim card and can't get a refund for the 30$ spent to charge it

Did you try contacting support by sending them a private message?

chiaki_05

It's all good until you get a broken sim card and can't get a refund for the 30$ spent to charge it

meocon

Thank you a new updated promo. Love it June 30 is not last day anymore 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.