cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: $10 ready-made plan staying for a limited time only

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of October 7, 2019: This plan is now expired.

Update as of September 24, 2019: This offer will expire on October 6th, 11:59 PM ET 2019.

Update: Due to popular demand, the $10 ready-made plan will be available for a limited time starting July 16.

FAQ

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

Past Updates

Spoiler

Hey Community,

As of July 15th 2019, 11:59 PM ET, the following price plan is being expired:

• $10 Ready-Made plan

If you’re interested in taking advantage of this ready-made plan while it’s still available, learn how you can set up a future-dated plan change on your next renewal date by clicking here. By doing so before July 16, your plan will automatically change to the plan that you choose on your next cycle. 

To check out our other plans, go to publicmobile.ca/plans

Have some questions about this change? Check out our FAQs or post below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

My current plan is one that’s set to expire. Is any action required from me?

If you would like to continue on your current plan, no change is required.

I currently have this plan. If I switch to another plan, can I switch back?

You can switch back to this plan up to July 16th. After that, these plans will no longer be available.

249 REPLIES 249

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@danlee wrote:

Ok what is this $10 ready made plan diff from the $10 plan???

It's the same plan. 

If @danlee is asking about the the pre-made plan vs the custom made plan, the $10 plan in the latter actually is different as it is not much of a plan...it includes nothing!

Maybe. That thing in plan builder isn't a plan though. I thought it was was just a question of someone saying he/she had Ready-made $10 plan and someone else saying "I also have a $10 plan" (just an example) and if the term ready-made made them any different.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@danlee wrote:

It's the same plan. 

If @danlee is asking about the the pre-made plan vs the custom made plan, the $10 plan in the latter actually is different as it is not much of a plan...it includes nothing!

You can't actually finish that purchase. It really is nothing.

Well, I just tried and am able to get all the wa to the Account Activation sreen. Of course without a new SIM I cannot complete this. And of course, who would want to pay $10/mo but get absolutely nothing for it, via the Build your own plan?

I was meaning in the Change Plan BYO. But of course...who would.

@Anonymous wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@danlee wrote:

It's the same plan. 

Well, I just tried and am able to get all the wa to the Account Activation sreen. Of course without a new SIM I cannot complete this. And of course, who would want to pay $10/mo but get absolutely nothing for it, via the Build your own plan?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@danlee wrote:

It's the same plan. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@danlee wrote:

It's the same plan. 

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I agreed.  I switch my $10 plan after PM launched this $15 plan.  Initial they didn't include free unlimited incoming calls so I wasn't getting this feature added because I signed up on old plan.  I think $15 is wayyyy better deal than $10 with so many limited features. 

Now i can text unlimited and ppl can calls me unlimited.  

@danlee wrote:

It's the same plan. 

@prenzvt  neither 

$10 30-days

• 50 MINUTES Canada-wide Talk
  • UNLIMITED Incoming Text
  • 50 TEXTS Outgoing International Text
  • VOICEMAIL⁹ & Call Display

danlee

@prenzvtIt only includes 50 outgoing text (international and local)

prenzvt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does the $10 plan include local unlimited text? Both incoming and outgoing? It says international outgoing so no sure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jaisonActive wrote:

$10plan is wonderful s it helps home staying mom(works casual) using wifi at home but still have phone number for emergency.hope it stayed longer.feels better when refer a frerind and autopay reduce the this price to $8/30days ! wish the 250mb data accumulate if not used in 30days with $15 plan!!

Get the 200mb add-on. Or a little more value the 1gb. I agree. The $10 plan is great for low use folks. The add-ons add the flexibility to have more on standby.

jaisonActive
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

$10plan is wonderful s it helps home staying mom(works casual) using wifi at home but still have phone number for emergency.hope it stayed longer.feels better when refer a frerind and autopay reduce the this price to $8/30days ! wish the 250mb data accumulate if not used in 30days with $15 plan!!

PMFanatic
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Glad to hear!!!

This is an AMAZING plan for those who don't need data. I bought it for my son to use for emergency calls/txts. I'd rather him not be surfing the web all day on his mobile so this is the perfect plan. No regrets jumping in... lol... Smiley Very Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

@Master2000 wrote:

I don’t think they will ever add text add-on option. 10$ plan is to attract clients. Public Mobile hope they will eventually switch to a more expensive plan.

lol I went the other way. I was attracted by their rates and going by my previous years usage I came on with a $35 BYO. But after that I realized that my usage was so minimal so I dropped down to the $10 plan. I really like the add-ons because they stay on until used up. While there are workarounds, I also think they should have a text add-on.

I say everything 5 bucks. Base plan - nothing on it but connected with an account - 5 bucks. That great 500 minute add-on - 5 bucks. 500 texts - 5 bucks. 500 megs - 5 bucks. All add-ons to the base plan.

Never gonna happen but we can dream.

Throw in an extra pizza, $5  😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Master2000 wrote:

I don’t think they will ever add text add-on option. 10$ plan is to attract clients. Public Mobile hope they will eventually switch to a more expensive plan.

lol I went the other way. I was attracted by their rates and going by my previous years usage I came on with a $35 BYO. But after that I realized that my usage was so minimal so I dropped down to the $10 plan. I really like the add-ons because they stay on until used up. While there are workarounds, I also think they should have a text add-on.

I say everything 5 bucks. Base plan - nothing on it but connected with an account - 5 bucks. That great 500 minute add-on - 5 bucks. 500 texts - 5 bucks. 500 megs - 5 bucks. All add-ons to the base plan.

Never gonna happen but we can dream.

Master2000

@lon_h wrote:

I guess you could just purchase those minutes/data add-ons during heavier use time.

It would be really nice to have texting add-on options available....

Yes, those minutes add-ons are great value!

As for texting, in a way they do have it... for $5 upgrade to the $15 plan which gives you unlimited texting... a very good deal...AND you get an additional 50 Canada-wide mins AND 250MB of data if you also sign up for AutoPay... now that is a really good deal.

Of course, this would be better as long as the $10 plan sticks around, for those who only need occassional extras.

But I agree a small texting add-on for say $2-3 for 500 texts, or something along those lines, would be nice

@lon_h  yea maybe a 2 dollar unlimited texting add on 

lon_h
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I guess you could just purchase those minutes/data add-ons during heavier use time.

It would be really nice to have texting add-on options available....

ooakosiryan

@marcnoel wrote:

I am puzzled.  Either people already have this plan, so it won't affect them if it is discontinued, or else people don't.  If they don't, nobody's stopping them from getting it.  What is the popular demand keeping it going - potential new  customers?  If so, PM doesn't make money unless people actually buy the thing.  Is it being kept going because some people have expressed interest?  Get a move on!

The people who already have this plan are affected in their future flexibility. For example, if the $10 is best for me 10 months out of the year but there are a couple months I know I'll use heavier than usual, I can switch to a more expensive plan just for those months then switch back to the $10 plan after. If it's discontinued, I won't be able to switch back after, so I'd have to try using add-ons instead or find some other solution for the heavier months.

I feel promotion coming

It happened before that good deals have disappeared to make room for worse deals, then promo would show up for new signups and shortly after promo disappears the replacement plan also disappears and makes space for good old plan.

So i think it's not the last time we saw it

Poogzley

The 10$ plan should be here to stay Smiley Frustrated #PMkeep10 #LessForLess

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@marcnoel wrote:

I am puzzled.  Either people already have this plan, so it won't affect them if it is discontinued, or else people don't.  If they don't, nobody's stopping them from getting it.  What is the popular demand keeping it going - potential new  customers?  If so, PM doesn't make money unless people actually buy the thing.  Is it being kept going because some people have expressed interest?  Get a move on!

You can argue that with ANY plan....so why not just make ALL plans temporary promotions?  😕

No, this plan serves many purposes as has already been stated several times: affordability, low cost plan for occasional use, flexiblity for seniors, vacationers, temporary guests, bridging placing accounts on hold, being able to have several plans simultaneously for multiple family members at a reasonable total cost, great for introducing referrals to try out, etc, etc. 

You forgot one great marketing, plans starting at 10$.

@marcnoel wrote:

You can argue that with ANY plan....so why not just make ALL plans temporary promotions?  😕

No, this plan serves many purposes as has already been stated several times: affordability, low cost plan for occasional use, flexiblity for seniors, vacationers, temporary guests, bridging placing accounts on hold, being able to have several plans simultaneously for multiple family members at a reasonable total cost, great for introducing referrals to try out, etc, etc. 

@JackQuint wrote:

My point isn't to crap on PM ... the $10 plan is perfect for my needs and got a customer you wouldn't have without it. There are probably a lot of those. Good to see it's staying for a while.

I would not have become a customer nor would I have MANY of these plans for my family. So I would PM reverses course and decides to keep this plan indefinitely.

marcnoel

JackQuint

This plan is the only reason I wound up with a PM account. My needs are data only (and not a lot of it ...) but if this plan wasn't available at the time I signed up and the lowest option was the $15 plan I would have gone with the $19/1.5GB from Freedom. The $10 plan with a 1GB rollover LTE data add-onn that lasts me six months is a better deal. At $15/month, the $17/month I would pay for Freedom with the multi-line credit would be a better deal.

My point isn't to crap on PM ... the $10 plan is perfect for my needs and got a customer you wouldn't have without it. There are probably a lot of those. Good to see it's staying for a while.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Alan_K glad to hear this plan is being extended for a limited time.  I was disappointed originally seeing that the plan was going to expire so abruptly, especially when it's been a pretty popular one from what I've heard/seen.  Not saying it's the most sold plan, but for $10 and features it provides, along with being able to apply add-ons I thought it was a great plan for seniors and kids (for emergency).  I got both my parents and mother-in-law on this plan and it's working out great.  I mentioned it to a number of friends as well and they are also thinking about it.  I just told them not to think too long now that it's scheduled to go some time soon.

I see that direct competitor Chatr offers as low as $15 with unlimited talk and text.  I assume PM is just trying to stay in line with the rest of the market.  Lets see how long PM continues to offer the 250MB on its $15 plan.

Bubbly100
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great news!! It's an awesome plan 

Need Help? Let's chat.